Simply Green Home Services

ashleycscott

Simply Green Home Services

Post by ashleycscott »

I had a younger guy come to my door this afternoon, saying that he was with Simply Green Home Services. He was asking about furnaces and air conditioning units and seemed like he wanted to take a look at our furnace. He really wanted my information, however, I didn't give it to him and just asked for a business card. He had taken pictures of units from other homes, and proceeded to show me, which was quite odd.

The weirdest thing about this, is that when I do some research online, the company is located in Ontario with no indication of a BC branch. The business card he gave me lists an address in Kelowna.

Does anyone know if this is legitimate?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: Simply Green Home Services

Post by gordon_as »

Not sure about Simply Green Kelowna. He could be a scamer trying to get a look inside your house , or he could be a door to door salesman (read as scamer) who wants to charge you a lot to clean your furnace , or convince you to do upgrades on your home. Either way , there are established reputable local businesses with #'s in the phone book who can do the above for you.

The ONLY person who comes to my door that will get any work from me is the guys who come around every year door to door doing core aerating of lawns.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Here is a review of the Job from one of their employees.

I worked at Simply Green Home Services full-time (Less than a year)
Pros
If you love knocking on Strangers doors 10 hours a day and getting insults with no hourly pay it's a perfect job for you
Cons
They'll tell you fake salaries like 2,000$ a week and you'll find out in the second interview cause of course the first interview they'll accept you anyway that it's based on commissions you sell furnace and other stuff to people and your commission is less than 4% which is around 700$ if you managed to knock on someone's door and automatically sell him 7000$+ Furnance. They'll train you to lie and rudely invite yourself to other people's home and make the sign up for some crapy stuff. Which will hardly ever happen.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So it's a scam!

Anyone comes to the door selling anything they get the bums rush! Except for kids they get politely told no. (I can't eat sugary stuff)
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^ Awww...c'mon!! You Gotta buy Girl Guide cookies! It's a Canadian tradition - and something to give your grandson with his hot chocolate when he comes to visit!
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:^^ Awww...c'mon!! You Gotta buy Girl Guide cookies! It's a Canadian tradition - and something to give your grandson with his hot chocolate when he comes to visit!

Well maybe if they bring the old style ones back. We don't like the new ones.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

gordon_as wrote:Here is a review of the Job from one of their employees.

I worked at Simply Green Home Services full-time (Less than a year)
Pros
If you love knocking on Strangers doors 10 hours a day and getting insults with no hourly pay it's a perfect job for you
Cons
They'll tell you fake salaries like 2,000$ a week and you'll find out in the second interview cause of course the first interview they'll accept you anyway that it's based on commissions you sell furnace and other stuff to people and your commission is less than 4% which is around 700$ if you managed to knock on someone's door and automatically sell him 7000$+ Furnance. They'll train you to lie and rudely invite yourself to other people's home and make the sign up for some crapy stuff. Which will hardly ever happen.

I know that I've been away from school for a while now, but I believe that $700 commission on a $7000 furnace comes to an even 10%.

However, I have worked for one simular company a long time ago, and everything else sounds spot on.

I don't know if this is true or not. However I was told that the Ontario courts forced several simular companies to pay an hourly wage in the early 1990's. If that happened in BC I think that most of those companies would disappear quickly.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As a kid the only door to door salesperson my parents ever had dealings with was Fuller Brush.

The rest were quickly turned away, that included bible thumpers

added: I'm currently closer to 60 then 50, I've never had a door to door salesperson come to my residence..... knock on wood I guess. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

In this day and age with people much more aware and concerned about scammers, security, and having access to online research of products and online purchasing, door to door sales are going the way of the dinosaur.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:So it's a scam!

Anyone comes to the door selling anything they get the bums rush! Except for kids they get politely told no. (I can't eat sugary stuff)

From the post above, it is not a scam. It is one of these high priced Furnace sales outfits. Apparently they will look at your unit, IF you let them in and then sell you on the fact that its old, it unhealthy, its not cost efficient and the list will go on! It would be fun to have a camera and film their inspection. Also get the information on the product they are pushing.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I love the companys back east that sell you on a lease program for your HWT and furnace now theres the scam of the year
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

I applied for a position with this company and before the interview was over I had them figured out...they have a temporary office in one of the Landmark buildings in Kelowna. It's one of those places where numerous, temporary/short term offices can be rented complete with receptionist. They wanted me to shadow another employee for 10 hours going door to door and reminded me to bring a bag lunch, as there may not be a coffee shop nearby.

Return to “North Okanagan”