Kraft Hockeyville Voting this weekend

NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Kraft Hockeyville Voting this weekend

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

HI All:

Lumby is the only BC community in Kraft Hockeyville this year.

Voting is this Sunday and Monday http://khv2016.ca/en/nominations/

Your support would be appreciated. :birthday2: :birthday2: :birthday2:

Thank you
NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Kraft Hockeyville Voting this weekend

Hi All:

Lumby has been named as a finalist in the Kraft Hockeyville contest.
$100,000.00 is now guaranteed and will be used for upgrades to the Pat Duke Arena.

The next phase is the winner of voting between now and 9 PM PST tomorrow gets a NHL team game here.
Reading thru the official rules - it wold probably be held in Vernon and then the teams would probably make a photo op trip to the Pat Duke arena.

Your votes in the next 26 hours can make it happen.

http://khv2016.ca/en/nominations/profile/pat-duke-memorial-arena-440/

Thanks
NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well great, how come I didn't see this thread until just now after voting is over? Did the Kwebec town have it blocked or something?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:Well great, how come I didn't see this thread until just now after voting is over? Did the Kwebec town have it blocked or something?

I started a thread in Sports section, never took off. Of course placing spots events in sport section tends to be ignored.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Big all day celebration and party planned for Sat here in Lumby.

Announcement is around 3PM and CBC and possibly some NHL players will be here for it.

Big screen will be setup in the arena.

Feel free to come and join in the fun.

NNA :130:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lumby won't get an NHL game even if they "win." The area simply isn't big enough. The game would probably go to Vernon at Kal Tire Place.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Glacier wrote:Lumby won't get an NHL game even if they "win." The area simply isn't big enough. The game would probably go to Vernon at Kal Tire Place.

Of course we know that - But the bragging rights for Lumby would be worth the 20 min drive to Vernon.
Nothing wrong with having the game at Kal Tire Place.

I would suspect that some/many of the NHL players would make the 20 min trip out to Lumby for the photo op with the Lumby Stars team.

If you had a 8 to 14 year old in hockey, and they had even a remote chance to meet actual NHL players - what would you do to get this chance of a lifetime for your kid????

I don't have any kids at home anymore but fully support the Lumby hockey teams in this.

Come on out to Lumby on Sat - Have a hotdog or a burger and enjoy life.
We will be glad to see you here.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Congrats to Lumby on Hockeyville 2016!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lumb ... ckeyville/
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulation to Lumby
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
blais65

Post by blais65 »

Coming from a dude in Quebec right now,Who have worked in and around Lumby,Really happy to see us win (I put in a 100 votes or so) ,but Congrat's to you all,and I'll be watching the pre-season game on Oct. 2nd.

:130:
boxman180
Fledgling

Post by boxman180 »

Can someone please tell me where I can get tickets for that game? or what source ie facebook or website would be best to monitor for ticket sales announcements?
Last edited by boxman180 on Apr 2nd, 2016, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

boxman180 wrote:Can someone please tell me where I can get tickets for that game?

My friend is in Lumby and she said there's no word on how/when/if the general public will be able to purchase tickets.

Based on some information I found regarding previous Hockeyville preseason games, it looks like there is a ticket lottery. I'm imagining a certain number would be set aside for people leading the Hockeyville nominations, events, etc. as well as those actually from Lumby.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Congratulations to all involved. A great accomplishment from the little community with the BIG WE CAN attitude! You rock
Lumby!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/162 ... ue-unknown

Logical choice Kal Tire Place, Lumby residents get first crack at the seating.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If it's in Lumby only like 400 people will be able to attend. That would leave most of the village out in the cold.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “North Okanagan”