Competent Mazda mechanic in Vernon?

dv7834

Competent Mazda mechanic in Vernon?

Post by dv7834 »

Hi to all

I'm relatively new to town, so I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a mechanic in the Vernon area familiar with Mazda vehicles. I know that there's a Mazda dealer and service in Kelowna, but I was hoping for something a little closer to home.

Thanks
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Competent Mazda mechanic in Vernon?

Post by Symbonite »

depending on the mazda some of them are ford crossover....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

As mentioned, Ford and Mazda have been in bed for a long time now.

Depending on what year vehicle we're talking about - they're essentially the same thing. My 2006 Ford escape and the same year Mazda Tribute are the exact same vehicle with a few minor cosmetic changes.

Generally mechanics don't specialize to anything except maybe import/domestic unless they work at a dealership or on more exotic cars.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What really needs to be Mazda specific, other than it being a rotary engine? As long as they use manufacturer specific parts, there's really not much to it. Just find yourself a good quality mechanic and you'll be fine - unless its warranty work of course.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Dieters Auto Repair
dv7834

Post by dv7834 »

Thanks for all the replies. It's a 2007 Miata.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dv7834 wrote:It's a 2007 Miata.

Have you tried some Miata specific forums? See what they would recommend you do in your situation.
Enjoy the summer :130:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:What really needs to be Mazda specific, other than it being a rotary engine? As long as they use manufacturer specific parts, there's really not much to it. Just find yourself a good quality mechanic and you'll be fine - unless its warranty work of course.

what makes you think(assume) it had a rotory engine?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

At one time Rotary Engines were called throw away engine, once anything internal happened. It was cheaper to get new one, then fix it old one.
Not sure if that still the case.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:
what makes you think(assume) it had a rotory engine?

Sorry, I meant if it were a rotary engine - didn't mean to imply that it was.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well the Miatas have a huge following in the okanagan....

http://www.okmiataclub.com/

there should be something or someone here that can help you out
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Another funny story that I have was I used to Own a '91 Ford Probe GT and they were the Ford version of the Mazda MX-6

every time i went to the mechanic he would ask if it was a ls lx or gt....everytime I say GT they were like oh then this book is wrong get the mazda book....basically it went from $ to $$$$$$ lol But that 2.2L turbo was one of the best Iv had for a engine...comparable to the nissan 240sx
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Symbonite wrote:Another funny story that I have was I used to Own a '91 Ford Probe GT and they were the Ford version of the Mazda MX-6

every time i went to the mechanic he would ask if it was a ls lx or gt....everytime I say GT they were like oh then this book is wrong get the mazda book....basically it went from $ to $$$$$$ lol But that 2.2L turbo was one of the best Iv had for a engine...comparable to the nissan 240sx

Ah yes, the Mazda Mustang - thank goodness the Mustang enthusiasts kiboshed that one :smt045

Return to “North Okanagan”