bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: You Mean A Racetrack Is Noisey?

Post by bob vernon »

No. I mean a racetrack is noisy.
Rcdc13

Post by Rcdc13 »

Always Sunny wrote:In glancing over the judgement, it seems that the development was originally started in 1996. Just 4 years later in 2000 the speedway was built.

That highlights 2 things:
1.) Likely a small portion of the development there today was there prior to 2000, and assuming those properties are all with the original owners (which obviously isn't true) only a fraction can claim there was no speedway when they bought.
2.) Was this not an issue from 2000 until now? How many stupid home owners bought next to a speedway and then decided "damn, this is kinda loud"?

A speedway that was built 16 years ago didn't pop up overnight.
. The judge is wrong in this case. Is the judge a good friend of the Developer? Just asking because something stinks to high heaven here.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

The judge is wrong in this case. Is the judge a good friend of the Developer? Just asking because something stinks to high heaven here.

Obviously the judge is wrong here. Seems like Bc has had a lot of bad judges over the years however I doubt there is a relationship in this case. I actually do not believe the judge has the legal right to designate a decibel number though
80 is pretty low.I would think it would have to be mandated by the district
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

It's deja-vu all over again. The Edmonton International Speedway got shut down by NIMBYs years ago in pretty much the same scenario. In that case it was worse because the racetrack was there long before any houses. It was a huge loss that Edmonton never got back. Thanks, developers.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The the saga continues as it seems the developer now wants to get the racetrack shut down entirely... http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/168 ... r-speedway
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:The the saga continues as it seems the developer now wants to get the racetrack shut down entirely... http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/168 ... r-speedway

If that happens, those who enjoyed watching events at the track will know who to blame.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

with any luck it will be a different judge on this case who will see how ridiculous this is and throw it out the developer now wants it shut down and a million dollars talk about greedy
April lady

Post by April lady »

I can't believe this is happening again! When I was twelve my dad took us to Tillicum Raceway, I was hooked immediately. I wanted to be in the Powder puff race so bad, but Dad said not for a couple of more years! Well that racetrack was closed because of development in the surrounding area, I was devastated!

Enter Sunvalley Speedway, oh my gosh that track is awesome! I haven't been the last 3 years, my dad became ill, but we talked about it all the time! I lost him last year but if he were here he would be disgusted with what is going on! Now I have issues with the way the track is ran (management), but this is darn right wrong!

What is next? I live in the bx, there are helicopters and sprayers in the orchards, they start running very early in the morning! I am not going to complain about it, that is life and I moved to this area!

These developer and land owners need to take a chill pill, maybe go see a race!

Hope something can be done about this!!!
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

Dizzy1 wrote:18 events a year, 2-3 events a year over the last couple of years? Good grief, some people seriously got something stuck up their tush.

How many weekends are there in a summer?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

If you go Victoria Day to labour day it's about 15. 12 if you want to get technical.
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

Hassel99 wrote:If you go Victoria Day to labour day it's about 15. 12 if you want to get technical.

Well done. Now how many racing events were being hosted?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

Permission to operate 18x annually is highly unreasonable after considering what our friend Hassel99 pointed out.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

honeymuffins wrote:Permission to operate 18x annually is highly unreasonable after considering what our friend Hassel99 pointed out.

Those 18 times aren't all races and loud. The number of races in between those dates is 1.
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

honeymuffins wrote:Permission to operate 18x annually is highly unreasonable after considering what our friend Hassel99 pointed out.

Whole years possible revenue wrapped up in mere 18 races/events.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “North Okanagan”