You Mean A Racetrack Is Noisey?

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: You Mean A Racetrack Is Noisey?

Post by GordonH »

Gixxer wrote:Looks like the whiners and the complainers of the Okanagan are at it again.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#172589

Hmm.... build or buy a home near the industrial area....... guess what industry is noisy.

Before you buy checkout whats going on in that area i.e industrial area, sewer treatment, gun range, race track or airport.

If noise or smell does not bother you then buy, if it will bother you walkaway find different spot to buy in.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

Before you buy checkout whats going on in that area i.e industrial area, sewer treatment, gun range, race track or airport.

Two of the operations you mentioned are part of a community's industry, commerce and trade, while two are not. A judge will be equipped to distinguish between economic necessities and community hobbies. While rulings may be upsetting, there is an obligation to uphold the rights of everyone involved, irrespective of minority status, economic status and tenure.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

My comment was not direct necessarily at racetrack mostly with those who build or purchase a home then complain about whats been there long before them, honeymuffins.
Please read the post I quoted along with link
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

A property owner may at any time uphold their civil right to quiet and enjoyment. Date of purchase or proving due diligence are not required to prove nuisance.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

honey muffins wrote:A property owner may at any time uphold their civil right to quiet and enjoyment. Date of purchase or proving due diligence are not required to prove nuisance.

So those who setup business in an industrial area could be shutdown because of a judge, why bother having industrials area's

Helicopters are in an industrial area
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Chanes are they'll have more to whine and complain. Looks like they're building a full on MX track right beside it. This is on reserve land so good luck.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Gixxer wrote:Chanes are they'll have more to whine and complain. Looks like they're building a full on MX track right beside it. This is on reserve land so good luck.

Beside the housing development ?? Any link for confirmation on this ??
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

driveangry wrote:
Beside the housing development ?? Any link for confirmation on this ??

Beside the race track itself. I notice it the other day when I drove by. The sounds of 4 and 2 srtokes motorcycles riding around for hours will be music to the ears for these whiner and complainers.
Jflem1983
Guru

Motoplex speedway

Post by Jflem1983 »

And the race is on ☺
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Re: Motoplex speedway

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:And the race is on ☺

What's happening with residents of Lawrence Heights and there wanting this place shutdown due to the noise.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Seen a blurb . They lost in court . ☺ if anyone can post the article or link pls do . I'm not that smart
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Seen a blurb . They lost in court . ☺ if anyone can post the article or link pls do . I'm not that smart

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/19 ... on-lawsuit
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Let's hope a few more judgements go in favor of the track . I miss race weekends in Vernon. Now I can only go to penticton for racing

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

just to clear up misinformation . it is not the landowner against the track . it is 4 people that live in the buildings and the developer . there will still be a noise level in place .
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:just to clear up misinformation . it is not the landowner against the track . it is 4 people that live in the buildings and the developer . there will still be a noise level in place .

Now remember race cars you have to race very quietly so Sssshh..... yeah as if thats going to happen.

Return to “North Okanagan”