Grow op near school

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Grow op near school

Post by skydawg »

The location of this grow op was particularly concerning because it is a residential area and very close to a school," said Vernon RCMP spokesperson Const. Jocelyn Noseworthy

What makes this so "concerning".

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-164400-2-.htm#164400
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Grow op near school

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby skydawg » 33 minutes ago

What makes this so "concerning".

You have to be one of the only people left in the world who does not see anything wrong with having a grow op growing THC marijuana for sale across the street from a high school. (i.e. 10 lbs dry found) Easy availability is one of the things that leads to use. Did you think it was the students lunch room ??
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

What makes you think student were at the house buying?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

You have to be one of the only people left in the world who does not see anything wrong with having a grow op growing THC marijuana for sale across the street from a high school. (i.e. 10 lbs dry found) Easy availability is one of the things that leads to use. Did you think it was the students lunch room ??

You must be the only one left in the world that thinks pot has to be sold right next to a school to have access to it. Could be 5 blocks from school. If they want it they will get it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Human experience and human nature. If, as you say, they would walk five blocks to get it would they not cross the road ?? Every City in BC that permits grows or marijuana outlets prohibits them from being that close to a school. Why do you think that is the case ??

When you want to talk about reality rather than theory come back and we can discuss it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Donald G wrote:Human experience and human nature. If, as you say, they would walk five blocks to get it would they not cross the road ?? Every City in BC that permits grows or marijuana outlets prohibits them from being that close to a school. Why do you think that is the case ??

When you want to talk about reality rather than theory come back and we can discuss it.

High school kids and pot use, thats been happening for 40+ years now. The 2 high schools I attending in Shuswap area had number of potheads back in 70s.

Another big surprise grow op in residential area, not new either.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Donald G wrote:Human experience and human nature. If, as you say, they would walk five blocks to get it would they not cross the road ?? Every City in BC that permits grows or marijuana outlets prohibits them from being that close to a school. Why do you think that is the case ??

Where does it say that this grow op location was selling to students? Speaking of theories.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby skydawg » 3 minutes ago

Where does it say that this grow op location was selling to students? Speaking of theories.

Years of studying human nature and real life experience regarding marijuana. Do you think that if there was a convenience store across the road from the school that a percentage of students would not cross the road to buy something at the store on a daily basis ?? And that an illegal grower would not sell to them ?? Theory founded on reality.
Last edited by Donald G on Apr 28th, 2016, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

if you really believe that this grow op wasn't selling to the students, then you're being just plain foolish...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

people with 10 pounds of weed aren't selling to school kids across the street some people need to wake up
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

my mistake it was 10 kg also selling weed out of the same place your growing would be completely asinine get a grip folks not a gram of weed from that place would've been sold across the street
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby LTD » less than a minute ago

people with 10 pounds of weed aren't selling to school kids across the street some people need to wake up

People with 10 pounds of ILLEGAL THC Marijuana are selling to anyone they can. Are you suggesting that they were only selling in pound lots ?? Selling in 1 gm cigarettes @ 30 to the ounce or selling in ounces at 16 to the pound is a far more lucrative way to sell than in pound lots ... by far.

Why set up in a school area (when there are far safer places with lower exposure within the town) if you are not going to sell to students ?? I wonder where the information came from that enabled the police to get a search warrant ?? Students ?? Parents ??
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

More theories Donald
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

really ?? you think someone growing would refuse to sell from the same place ??? and you think school kids only buy grams ???
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby LTD » 7 minutes ago

my mistake it was 10 kg also selling weed out of the same place your growing would be completely asinine get a grip folks not a gram of weed from that place would've been sold across the street

It may be asinine but in real life it also happens to be what takes place a lot of times with illegal grows. Selling to people who in turn sell to students is also the norm. Ten pounds is not by any stretch an exceptionally large quantity that would lead one to believe that it was a criminal drug gang grow op. Nor is the "time from harvest(s)" given.

Return to “North Okanagan”