Hotels/Motels - Bedbugs

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Hotels/Motels - Bedbugs

Post by dontrump »

Due to the fact Bed Bugs don't spread diseases, IHA won't do anything. Hopefully someone will purchase it for the land value and demolish it. He wants 8 million for the craphole, so I don't foresee anything happening soon.

yes found that out see quote below;

We are the only province that doesn’t have legislation to put a stop to any of this kind of stuff,” said Pynn, ading he would like the IHA to be given the authority to protect motel and hotel guests from bed bugs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10 years later my god
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Burn it down! Probably the only way to eradicate the bugs.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Burn it down! Probably the only way to eradicate the bugs.

Totally agree, best way to finally say goodbye to the former stetson motel. Lets wait until the fire season is over though.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's a terrible end to an old Kelowna landmark.

The present owner seen a potential cash cow operation, and it failed. I would like to know how much money he put in his own pocket before running it down into such a state of disrepair.
He got his $$ to re-coop his cost of moving the structure and still has the gains of the increased property value over the years.
This was a carefully calculated risk, based upon profit and loss.
Bring back the LIKE button.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Don't forget that Motel is where all the crackheads and junkies in Lake Country live. I wouldn't set foot in one of those rooms for fear of stepping on a needle
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

common_sense_guy wrote:Don't forget that Motel is where all the crackheads and junkies in Lake Country live. I wouldn't set foot in one of those rooms for fear of stepping on a needle

exactly.........that is exactly were all the crackhead in lk have lived for a long time, and what has been done about it up to now--nothing---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

This is a Catch 22, where do you think they're going to go now that their nest has been taken away? Yup: Into the surrounding community, some to Vernon, some to Kelowna, some to Lake Country.

yay
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

kgcayenne wrote:This is a Catch 22, where do you think they're going to go now that their nest has been taken away? Yup: Into the surrounding community, some to Vernon, some to Kelowna, some to Lake Country.

yay
so are you saying you would rather see the motel stay open so the crackheads have a place to live and get high and carry on their prostitution? Because it's obvious that if it gets shut down they're all going to have to go somewhere. That's a given right. It is what it is. They'll need to go somewhere but that place should not be allowed to stay open
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Nah. Acknowledging this is another swat at the symptom that will have equal and opposite reactions. Life. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “North Okanagan”