Vernon Canada Day Fireworks

bjguen

Vernon Canada Day Fireworks

Post by bjguen »

Kudos to the organizers and sponsors of the 2016 Canada Day firework festivities in Vernon. Lots of color and noise and lasted a good long time. One of the best I've ever seen and I used to live in Ottawa where the coffers for such an event were pretty much limitless. Nice work. :up:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vernon Canada Day Fireworks

Post by Smurf »

Agreed, we thought they were excellent. Just waiting for the noise complaints.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

Very well done...most enjoyable family event. Crowd control wasn't the issue it is at the Kelowna event, perhaps being at Kal lake, away from the downtown core is the reason.
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

As per usual, I am a day late and a $ short!
Last I heard Vernon had canceled the fireworks...where at Kal Lake did they have the display? Sounds like I missed out on a good time!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Don't they have them up at the DND grounds?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

Dizzy1 wrote:Don't they have them up at the DND grounds?

Not this year as was mentioned earlier it was at the north end of Kal Lake. I haven't heard about other vantage points but the one I and many other found was excellent..... sorry it will remain a secret spot like my favourite fishing hole...lol

Did they not cancel last years fireworks at the DND grounds for fear of fires?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

They have had them at kal beach for years. (When not canceled)
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

Hassel99 wrote:They have had them at kal beach for years. (When not canceled)

I haven't seen all the displays but do believe this is the first time the Canada Day fireworks has been at Kal beach. The Coldstream fire department has held displays at Kal beach on Halloween in previous years. There has been several years where they were held at the DND grounds and I can remember them at Marshalls Field near the airport and a few years at Polson Park before that.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Maybe i am thinking of halloween. To be honest from the angle i view them there is zero difference between DND and Kal beach. :130:
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

I agree they were the best I've ever seen. They cancelled them last year at DND because they couldn't get a committee to organize fundraising. Only Halloween have been at kal beach. I guess the new organizer picked kal beach. Disneyland fireworks were not as good. Now castanet has an article of lakefront people complaining of fireworks garbage. Let's hope they don't spoil it for everyone else.

Return to “North Okanagan”