47957
48176

RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby Donald G » Sep 12th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Unread postby Ken7 » Today, 4:52 pm

I've seen many a total lie by Civilian while under oath and then there is the old line. Defence lawyer to client, "Don't you lie on the stand, let me do it!"

Will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals


As you say the actual true evidence has not yet been revealed. I expect that it is likely both will be charged based on the little evidence revealed to date. Then, if charges are laid and contested in court, it will depend on which version of the truth manages to make it into court. Given all of the theoretical possibilities available in Criminal Court these days I expect a theoretical decision based on a theoretical interpretation of the evidence.

Reality will be banned from the courtroom as usual while the judge and lawyers discuss a theoretical interpretation of the law.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20156
Likes: 9343 posts
Liked in: 4225 posts
Joined: Jan 29th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby dontrump » Sep 12th, 2016, 7:33 pm

donaldG quote:As you say the actual true evidence has not yet been revealed. I expect that it is likely both will be charged based on the little evidence revealed to date. Then, if charges are laid and contested in court, it will depend on which version of the truth manages to make it into court.



what evidence about what ? and likely both will be charged
what the hell are you rambling about here ?
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 375 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby Dizzy1 » Sep 12th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Donald G wrote:
As you say the actual true evidence has not yet been revealed. I expect that it is likely both will be charged based on the little evidence revealed to date.

Given the information we have - what would the motorcyclist be charged with?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 12th, 2016, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10111
Likes: 3963 posts
Liked in: 4430 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby dontrump » Sep 13th, 2016, 6:43 am

OH I see he/she thinks that both the biker and cop will be charged.That would be a evil ending as it most rather obvious based on eye witness testimony that the cop was at fault however cops tend to lie (truths vary) to better suit themselves in situations like this
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 375 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby mexi cali » Sep 13th, 2016, 7:43 am

I saw this exact scenario play out in Midway years ago. Cop was sitting at the side of the road and it appeared that he had just finished writing a ticket. The car he had pulled over signaled and re-enterd the roadway heading towards GFs and the cop inexpicably burns a hard left off the roadside and is rammed by a car that was headed towards GFs also.

I witnessed it but didn't stop as there were 3 or 4 cars in front of me who did stop but I was absolutely incredulous as to why with no apparent regard for his or anyone elses safety, he chose to not ensure that he was in the clear to make the U turn.

Flashing lights or no flashing lights, the officer bears the responsibility of making sure that the way is clear before they pull bone head moves like this.

As Dizzy said, if the roles were reversed, there is no question who would be found at fault.

DG; Road conditions? Lights? SPeed? That is simply police talk for any way we can work our way out of this is going on the table.

None of that would be taken into account if the civilian hits the cop. That is the way of the world.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

dontrump likes this post.
User avatar
mexi cali
Guru
 
Posts: 5097
Likes: 1980 posts
Liked in: 2992 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Re: RCMP rimming motorcyclists on Hwy 6

Postby Graham Adder » Sep 13th, 2016, 4:28 pm

My brother was driving a ford escort wagon in the mid 80's and had a cop pull a yewwy into the rear right quarter. Spun the car into the ditch and wrote it off, injuring two passengers in the process.
As I recall, the accident was a "no fault" accident. He had to pay a deductible and was penalized by the insurance company.
Seems to me it was a "collision" claim.

Another incident with same brother and a cop:
He was hit head on by a cop on icy road. The tracks showed the cop was clearly in his lane on impact, but to turn the tables, they plowed the snow banks back and measured from the actual shoulder where it drops into the ditch (dirt road). That manipulation was enough to deem the accident his fault.

Tell me they can't be foul, lying :cuss: faces.

Even if the cop is in the wrong, that doesn't mean they will own it.
They're as crooked as my blood pressure chart.
User avatar
Graham Adder
Guru
 
Posts: 5476
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 896 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby gordon_as » Sep 13th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Sad that everyone so many here are convinced that the RCMP are intent on suppressing the truth here. There has been no info released to suggest that. Cop told the bikers that she didn't see them.
I don't vote for criminals.

Ken7 likes this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2609
Likes: 28 posts
Liked in: 771 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2008, 8:12 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby Graham Adder » Sep 13th, 2016, 5:53 pm

I don't consider a stain gone until I see what things look like at the end of the wash.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Graham Adder
Guru
 
Posts: 5476
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 896 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby gordon_as » Sep 14th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
I don't vote for criminals.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2609
Likes: 28 posts
Liked in: 771 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2008, 8:12 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby westbankkid » Sep 26th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Thats why I have a dashcam with a built in GPS. They stop a lot of lying in court by no matter who. Brings out the truth in people.
User avatar
westbankkid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1214
Likes: 254 posts
Liked in: 350 posts
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2005, 1:10 pm
Location: WESTBANK

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby Glacier » Sep 28th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Dashcams are horrible and VERY DISTURBING. I never want to see another dash cam again. Search on Youtube "why police don't let you get back to your car" if you don't believe me.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25552
Likes: 2275 posts
Liked in: 7684 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby westbankkid » Sep 28th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Glacier wrote:Dashcams are horrible and VERY DISTURBING. I never want to see another dash cam again. Search on Youtube "why police don't let you get back to your car" if you don't believe me.

Dashcams are the best thing invented for drivers. Saves a lot of arguments and solves many crimes. I wouldn't drive without one. I have no idea what you are talking about
User avatar
westbankkid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1214
Likes: 254 posts
Liked in: 350 posts
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2005, 1:10 pm
Location: WESTBANK

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby Glacier » Sep 28th, 2016, 10:24 pm

westbankkid wrote:Dashcams are the best thing invented for drivers. Saves a lot of arguments and solves many crimes. I wouldn't drive without one. I have no idea what you are talking about

I would say that dashcam video in question is the worst thing my brother has ever shared on Facebook, and he's shared a lot of crazy things. My whole body went numb over it. Do NOT watch if. It's best to remain clueless.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25552
Likes: 2275 posts
Liked in: 7684 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby dontrump » Nov 20th, 2016, 9:47 am

gordon_as wrote:Sad that everyone so many here are convinced that the RCMP are intent on suppressing the truth here. There has been no info released to suggest that. Cop told the bikers that she didn't see them.


we do so because its what we witness many times over the years/ Like my court clerk friend told me many times the worst liars in court are the police themselves

Bman likes this post.
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 375 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: RCMP ramming motorcyclist on Hwy 6

Postby django » Nov 21st, 2016, 7:02 pm

dontrump wrote:
we do so because its what we witness many times over the years/ Like my court clerk friend told me many times the worst liars in court are the police themselves


You can tell how bad the lies are about to be by looking at how much slobber they leave on the bible.
django
Board Meister
 
Posts: 442
Likes: 56 posts
Liked in: 214 posts
Joined: Jun 10th, 2013, 8:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest