What is the purpose of this???

Glacier
The Pilgrim

What is the purpose of this???

Post by Glacier »

When you drive home after meeting the Falkers in Falkland, you see this ugly roadside attraction. It has been here for years and years. What the heck is it doing?

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: What is the purpose of this???

Post by whatwhat »

Have you called the number and asked?

Here is there website:

http://www.iwr.ca/
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Not yet. Wasting someone's time is a last resort. I thought that perhaps some locals had some knowledge of this.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Well based on the picture you posted, it seems to be extracting ground water and treating it...

Don't really know what else there is to it? Are you wondering what it does in more detail? Or wondering if it is still operating?
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm wondering why they'd be treating ground water beside the highway. Did they have an oil spill there at one time?
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:When you drive home after meeting the Falkers in Falkland, you see this ugly roadside attraction. It has been here for years and years. What the heck is it doing?

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

Could you give an exact location, if you thank-you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Could you give an exact location, if you thank-you.

Here. I've driven by it about 10 times over the past month.
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Could you give an exact location, if you thank-you.

Glacier wrote:Here. I've driven by it about 10 times over the past month.

Maybe contact the regional district and ask them
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

its yet another tital waste of tax payers money.This is a situation you see off and on and theres zero accountability.
this station should have been shut down years ago but still there.Its just awefull the money wasted on this ridiculous situation

many many years(15+) from memory ago a fuel truck split some fuel there (accident) they have been there pumping,filtering and monitoring Ground water ever since
Just another example of government incompetence to keep a eye on situations such as this
You can bet that this company is still sending a huge monthly bill and will till some BC Bureaucrat gets off there *bleep* and
puts a cease and desiste order in place
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Dontrump is correct. A fuel truck crashed there years ago.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

is there not a lake and camp across the highway and down the hill? perhaps the ground water they treat drains into it
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

vinnied wrote:is there not a lake and camp across the highway and down the hill? perhaps the ground water they treat drains into it

no
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4490588, ... 6656?hl=en[/quote]

I do stand corrected . you know I have driven by that place 500 times and never really paid attention to that small body of water however I find it hard to believe after 15++ years that there is even a ounce of fuel left that threatens this little pond
never mind anything else
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Awesome, thanks for the answers!

As for that body of water, there is no outflow, but it's connected at least part of the year with Madeline Lake which was stocked with trout between 1928 and 1987. The fish have long since died, but the important thing about this lake is that it's a wetland for birds. Is the spill still a contaminated site? Probably not, and certainly no worse than the railway beside it full of railway ties and sprayed often with deadly herbicide.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “North Okanagan”