Toddlers Hit by Car

gman313
Lord of the Board

Toddlers Hit by Car

Post by gman313 »

Anyone know how they are doing? Heartbreaking.

Slow :cuss: down, pay attention and take care people good god
Last edited by ferri on Sep 9th, 2016, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Toddlers Hit by Car

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

You know, it seems that in general more and more people are driving like :cuss: in the Okanagan. There's too much speeding, too much red light running, to much distracted driving. Benvoulin Rd. and Swamp Rd. are like a raceway starting at 6:00 am. I've never seen a police car pull someone over there. I think there has to be a lot more enforcement and stiffer penalties. People are taking liberties because they know the chances are they're going to get away with it.

Hope the family is okay, and if the driver was at fault they get the book thrown at them.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 9th, 2016, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

Doesn't sound as if it was speeding...more to do inattention :-X - just as tragic.
I sincerely hope everyone is okay
We leak as rivers
Mack of Trades

Post by Mack of Trades »

gman313 wrote:Anyone know how they are doing? Heartbreaking.

Slow :cuss: down, pay attention and take care people good god

One boy is ok. Just scratched up waiting for cr scans. One baby was fine and released. Another girl is bad. Fractured skull, being air lifted to Vancouver. Adult is not so good. Looks like both legs broken with missing toes. So sad.
So close to home and my residence
come join us on facebook and lets get treadin .....Okanagan area 4x4 and Outdoor Event Organization[/size] ask to join our group .lets find a solution to reducing damage ,re-using the area ,and recycling the idea's:)
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

This person needs his *bleep* kicked! I will being doing everything in my power to ruin his life - he messed up big time

unacceptable
BilboBigBags

Post by BilboBigBags »

This person needs his *bleep* kicked! I will being doing everything in my power to ruin his life - he messed up big time

unacceptable

So tough, glad to know you're going to do EVERYTHING in your power to ruin someones life over an accident. I highly doubt this kid saw the lady crossing and intentionally ran anyone over. Obviously it's unfortunate, and I hope everyone is okay, but people make mistakes. No reason to "ruin his life", a little excessive. If he is found to be at fault, then I'm sure he will be punished. You can't just assume it's his fault though. For example, what if the lady crossing didn't push the cross button and just crossed? Sure he should look before turning, but she should also press the button before crossing.

Not everything is so black and white.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

BilboBigBags wrote:
So tough, glad to know you're going to do EVERYTHING in your power to ruin someones life over an accident. I highly doubt this kid saw the lady crossing and intentionally ran anyone over. Obviously it's unfortunate, and I hope everyone is okay, but people make mistakes. No reason to "ruin his life", a little excessive. If he is found to be at fault, then I'm sure he will be punished. You can't just assume it's his fault though. For example, what if the lady crossing didn't push the cross button and just crossed? Sure he should look before turning, but she should also press the button before crossing.

Not everything is so black and white.

Sorry but if she didn't see them, while she was turning, she is primarily at fault. The primary duty of care is on the driver, yes there is some to pedestrian but mostly to driver

read case law

I stand by my statement
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

gman313 wrote:This person needs his *bleep* kicked! I will being doing everything in my power to ruin his life - he messed up big time

unacceptable

I hope you never :cuss: up....
BilboBigBags

Post by BilboBigBags »

Sorry but if she didn't see them, while she was turning, she is primarily at fault. The primary duty of care is on the driver, yes there is some to pedestrian but mostly to driver

read case law

I stand by my statement

I'm not trying to say either party is at fault or not at fault, and I agree the drive does have more responsibility to be aware of pedestrians. However, your talking about ruining someones life over an accident with undetermined fault. It is extremely illogical and frankly sensationalist. Classic case of keyboard warrior, we all know your just sit at your desk and continue to type big, strong, mean words to the bad people on the internet.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Drivers need to be little less in a hurry and whole lot more observant.

Hopefully the child sent to coast will recover fully.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

gman313 wrote:This person needs his *bleep* kicked! I will being doing everything in my power to ruin his life - he messed up big time

unacceptable

What will you be doing to ruin his life? Do you own a gun?

Shall you be doing the same to all others who are at fault in everyday MV accidents?
You and 71 others Like this post
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Nothing will be done to ruin anyone's life.
Emotional outbursts from an angry public are to be expected.
I don't blame anyone for being really upset about this.
Give it a bit of time though, as we usually do, and we'll see how things play out.
There is NO doubt that the driver dun-messtup.
I'm sure the moment they realized the horror unfolding, a valuable and life changing lesson was learned.

I feel for the mother of the two kidlets.
I also feel for the seriously injured kid. I hope they both make out as best as can be in the long run.

That said, I've messed up and caused damage to others on account of my driving. Lucky for me they were friends, and under the circumstances they understood the contributing factors. Neither of them ever held me accountable. It was an accident. I thank my lucky stars they are alive today.

I have empathy for the driver. I don't know the deets, but I'm quite certain even without all facts that this was not intentional.
Imagine the heartache and pain that driver now is facing and will for the rest of their days.
This is a tragic accident for all involved.
People's lives are already ruined by our standards.
No need to add salt.
It just brings the blood pressure up.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

unacceptable

Aren't we Mr. Toughguy?

So,what is it exactly that you intend to do?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Dizzy1 wrote:Aren't we Mr. Toughguy?

So,what is it exactly that you intend to do?

Graham Adder wrote:Nothing will be done to ruin anyone's life.
Emotional outbursts from an angry public are to be expected.
No need to add salt.
It just brings the blood pressure up.

Surely you can let it go Dizzy.
You've very likely had the same sort of reaction to something that bumped your tickle trunk.

Return to “North Okanagan”