90 BUS to UBCO

1life2live

90 BUS to UBCO

Post by 1life2live »

Is the 90 bus viable next week as it is my link to services. I know it was disrupted on Thursday last week due to the strike in Kelowna. From what I hear that bus is not guaranteed as the operating company is the same Scottish company that operates the Kelowna buses. I do not want to get stranded as I heard that the Kelowna workers are not going to consistently let the bus enter their territory. Does anyone know anything about this.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 90 BUS to UBCO

Post by GordonH »

I suspect only if the Strike comes to an end.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Good planning, after 8:00 pm, then think about it...maybe catch the short bus.

This is one good example of youth. IF you know there is a strike on, I'd have been looking for a car pool on Friday with another student. Is this just me or anyone else think ahead?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

lol when I was a student I worked all summer and after classes and weekends and at age 17 on had my own vehicle
now they smoke weed protest do yoga and lay on the coach all weekend
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote:Good planning, after 8:00 pm, then think about it...maybe catch the short bus.

This is one good example of youth. IF you know there is a strike on, I'd have been looking for a car pool on Friday with another student. Is this just me or anyone else think ahead?

And maybe phone the bus company to get an answer rather than someone's opinion on a forum?

My opinion is until the strike is over you are probably SOL.
Last edited by Bsuds on Nov 16th, 2016, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

dontrump wrote:lol when I was a student I worked all summer and after classes and weekends and at age 17 on had my own vehicle

Do you mean " lay on the couch ", or sofa perhaps?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Bus drivers are very mean and selfish. :biggrin:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:lol when I was a student I worked all summer and after classes and weekends and at age 17 on had my own vehicle

kgcayenne wrote:Do you mean " lay on the couch ", or sofa perhaps?

no...no... Chesterfield. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:[
And maybe phone the bus company to get an answer rather than someone's opinion on a forum?

Mu opinion is until the strike is over you are probably SOL.

What do you do when your Mom is no longer there to pack your bags and make sure you're there on time. Oh well, I think if you looked for the bus schedule, it likely would fill you in too.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

https://bctransit.com/kelowna/schedules ... ew?route=7

Let Google be your friend. I searched and found BC Transit. I put in Bus #7 and wow, Active Alert.

It's just that easy if you have a moment.

All Routes Affected

Kelowna – BC Transit would like to notify its valued customers in the Kelowna Regional Transit System that the work stoppage initiated by the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) – Local 1722 is expected to continue until further notice.

Short story kid, you need to find a alternative transportation, side note Taxi is expensive!!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

alfred2 wrote:Bus drivers are very mean and selfish. :biggrin:

Hey, I take offence to that :-X I am a bus driver and if you met me you may say that I am one of the nicest guys ever.
However I drive tour busses, so I don't have to deal with some of the passengers that the transit drivers do.
( just so you know I am not really taking it personal )
kelbear25
Fledgling

Post by kelbear25 »

Is the 90 bus viable next week as it is my link to services. I know it was disrupted on Thursday last week due to the strike in Kelowna. From what I hear that bus is not guaranteed as the operating company is the same Scottish company that operates the Kelowna buses. I do not want to get stranded as I heard that the Kelowna workers are not going to consistently let the bus enter their territory. Does anyone know anything about this.

I'll be one of the few to actually answer your question:) Yes the #90 from Vernon to UBCO is running. They had to move the stop to the traffic circle at UBCO. And there have been some disruptions on the bus from Kelowna transit picketers. But so far its doing the route.
TRIX
Fledgling

Post by TRIX »

A good place to access info on the strike and other transit issues is the Transit Riders facebook page.
Central Okanagan Transit Action Alliance (COTAA). They can also be reached at [email protected]

Return to “North Okanagan”