Lesson for City of Vernon utility/road repair department

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Lesson for City of Vernon utility/road repair department

Post by dontrump »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/japanese-sinkhole-48-hours-later-it-s-fixed-1.3161298

If this happened in Vernon the city employees would take 6 months or more to repair what the Japanese did in less than 7 days let this be a lesson to the city of Vernon workers and contractors

its amazing what they did in 7 days to say the elast
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Lesson for City of Vernon utility/road repair department

Post by bob vernon »

I'd suggest that you go down to the nearest road project and tell the City of Vernon workers what you think of them.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:I'd suggest that you go down to the nearest road project and tell the City of Vernon workers what you think of them.

LOL what good would that do? union workers working for a city that has no accountability. Its not so much what one thinks of them it just shows one how badly they fail in accountability and efficiency which is the object of my thread/post
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Yeah, it wouldn't make them speed up. But venting at them would help your anti-union anger problems, I'm sure.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Yeah, it wouldn't make them speed up. But venting at them would help your anti-union anger problems, I'm sure.

*removed*
City of Vernon workers could not have got this thing repaired properly in 6 months or more if that
the point is union or not there just not capable of this type of efficiency
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2016, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

More work piling up for those darn leftist workers! They'll never get caught up at this rate. But it does give them another place in town to just stand around and do nothing.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/181 ... -the-seams
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:More work piling up for those darn leftist workers! They'll never get caught up at this rate. But it does give them another place in town to just stand around and do nothing.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/181 ... -the-seams

leftist workers? where did u come up with that bs?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

They belong to a union, don't they? Nuf said.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

my point was and still is its interesting( to me) how the Japanese system allows for a such stunning, quick and efficient repair of a catastrophe of this magnitude and in a incredible short fashion when it takes the city of Vernon 4 months just to revamp 3 blocks of city streets in Vernon or worse yet the BC government to figure out the water pollution caused by the farmer in Armstrong. that one kills me [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Yes , I'm sure it is the union workers who slow the whole process down. Definitely not managers , planers or engineers . :up:

We all know it is the union laborers who plan the whole thing and make up the timeframe of work to be completed.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

This type of repair in any city requires contractors and complete road closures they likely used some type of concrete fill over 12000 cubic meters thats over a 1000 loads plus asphalt they would have had to close down miles of roads for trucks to get it done( thats what the city crews did )
The power and communication traffic lights lines must not have had to much damage. The thing that looks tuff is the large diameter pipe and the wash out under the buildings. I can tell you that this job will have cost millions of dollars and shut down traffic for miles around. The job was handed over to someone who the city trusted and he alone called the play not QC, safety, traffic engineering, accounting, city counsel, land owners, police. fire, I can tell you all of these people wanted to have input.
I hope the fix lasts
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Again as previously stated they have a very very efficient disaster repair system in place and we generally would fail, in Vernon if this was to happen.it would be months if not a year to do such repair in our citys here
good example is how long it has taken to go from 25 street through to 30ave
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Again, go down and tell those lazy workers on the job site what you think of their performance. And go to the city yards and tell the engineers how to get the job done. C'mon. If you have a plan to save us all those millions, they should hear all about it.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

not so sure about lazy;; more of the fact they and their systems are very inefficient compared to the Japanese
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Then go down to City Hall and demand that the city adopt the efficient Japanese way of maintaining infrastructure. Pound on the desk for special effect. Offer your services as a consultant.

Return to “North Okanagan”