What a great idea!

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

What a great idea!

Post by TylerM4 »

KAMLOOPS – The littlest fighters at Royal Inland Hospital are found in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit nursery – the babies who are born prematurely and sometimes must battle to survive.

The staff who work at the NICU think the babes in their care are superheroes. So, how appropriate that some of the nurses decided to celebrate Halloween this year by making them superhero costumes?

RN Kelly Hluschyk spearheaded the idea, and by the time Oct. 31 rolled around, the NICU’s residents included Batman, Thor, Wonder Woman, the Hulk, Superman, and of course Captain America.

“These babies are tough customers – I’m so happy to see them celebrated this way,” said Jennifer Thur, manager of Women’s and Children’s Services at RIH. “Thank you to Kelly and the NICU team for this fun and creative way to mark the babies’ first Halloween!”

Full article here: https://ihintheloop.ca/rih-nicu-celebra ... perheroes/

Our eldest son spent 2 weeks in the NICU and this would have thrilled me. What a weird feeling in that ward. Huge excitement about new baby and huge stress/worry about it's health. Happy one moment - terrified the next. It's hard to know how to feel/act but I certainly get the theme of strong little fighters.
Attachments
RIH Super Heros.jpg
laurar

Re: What a great idea!

Post by laurar »

I love this! Our son had an extended stay at KGH NICU and you're so right. It is a bizarre feeling. Being discharged from the hospital and having to leave, without your baby. Spending every waking moment in those damn chairs. Excited, but worried. It was an emotional roller coaster. The staff and nurses in NICU are angels.

Return to “North Okanagan”