Logo'd vehicles can't park at meters?!

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Logo'd vehicles can't park at meters?!

Post by southy »

Just a thought - does this mean if my vehicle displays a large decal from the dealership from where it was purchased is this not considered a logo? If there is no definition of "logo" can parking attendant use their descretion for writing tickets? What a gong show!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

There are logos on all vehicles. Ford, Chevrolet, etc. I guess they all should be ticketed for advertising!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Exactly! Who came up with this? What about city vehicles? Regional District! Ambulances? Oh they are exempt I forgot.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 30th, 2016, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This sends out an excellent message to visitors who own their own business back home (i.e construction or landscaping). Happen to use their truck to pull holiday trailer/camper, leaves trailer at campsite & goes into Vernon..... surprise.
Vernon wants tourist dollars, we will get it one way or another.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

GordonH wrote:This sends out an excellent message to visitors who own their own business back home (i.e construction or landscaping). Happen to use their truck to pull holiday trailer/camper, leaves trailer at campsite & goes into Vernon..... surprise.
Vernon wants tourist dollars, we will get it one way or another.

pretty sure this ridiculous bylaw only applies to local business only.I don't think a advertised vehicle from say Calgary will be ticketed
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

So if the Vernon Vipers, like the Rcokets and the Warriors have a vehicle(s) that have their team name on them, are they liable for a ticket? What about the RCMP? They are a business afterall. Or ambulances? What about a cement mixer who is dropping a load of cement on a new structure in the downtown core? Taxis? Couriers? Bylaw vehicles?

Good luck getting an HVAC company out now to fix the A/C at city hall during a heat wave. Or a plumber. [icon_lol2.gif]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dontrump wrote:pretty sure this ridiculous bylaw only applies to local business only.I don't think a advertised vehicle from say Calgary will be ticketed

The ticketed person who this happened to was visiting from Kamloops...so yes someone from Calgary would be ticketed as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

The OP very very clearly indicates hes from Armstrong

An Armstrong man parked his vehicle at a Vernon meter and paid for his time. While there, with 90 minutes remaining on his meter, ByLaw's wrote him a $25 ticket.

If I was from Kamloops or van or wherever I would mail it back to the bylaw department with a nice thank you note

it would say :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :130: [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

It was not from Kamloops it was from Armstrong.

2nd word in this thread.....
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Dizzy1 wrote:This happened before. Some 5 years ago there was a letter to the editor in the paper - someone from Kamloops with a logo vehicle got a ticket for "advertising" while parked by the rec center

This may be what Bsuds is referring to!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Question for you folks up in Vernon - does your city have a communications or engagement person on staff. Perhaps they could come on Castanet and clarify what this is all about.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

southy wrote:Question for you folks up in Vernon - does your city have a communications or engagement person on staff. Perhaps they could come on Castanet and clarify what this is all about.

Southy, if they do have one on staff, they aren't likely to come on here and communicate anything. Does the new one down in Penticton? Nope; never. Paid well to keep their mouth shut it would appear.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

You are absolutely correct! What the hec was I thinking. Communications officer - engangement officer - marketing guru ...I really want to be one. Just like you say - paid to keep their mouths shut!
spooker

Post by spooker »

southy wrote:Question for you folks up in Vernon - does your city have a communications or engagement person on staff. Perhaps they could come on Castanet and clarify what this is all about.

Knowing the engagement of users on the forums here I don't think they'd be smart to stick their heads in here ... we just need a user who'd be willing to take the time to put in the request and report back ...

Return to “North Okanagan”