Gas prices are up again

buckland
Fledgling

Gas prices are up again

Post by buckland »

Today, I filled up my car at my local gas bar and, to my surprise, the prices jumped from 111.9 to 119.9 sometime in the past couple of days. I wonder what the reason was for this hike. Was it perhaps that there was a rumour that oil prices were going to go up or is it that the gas supply is short due to the war in some far off part of the world again? Maybe it's because of the rumour that the loony will lose another 10 cents sometime in the next year.

Anyway, the attendant at the gas bar wished me a happy holidays. I couldn't help but laugh.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Gas prices are up again

Post by Even Steven »

Why do you care what the reason is? So the prices are up. You either buy or not. Who cares what the reason is.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Rack price has been going up since December 8 from .60 to the current .736, increase of .136 per/litre.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:Rack price has been going up since December 8 from .60 to the current .736, increase of .136 per/litre.

yea its good thing we still buy gas from states or otherwise we might have lower prices
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Even Steven wrote:Why do you care what the reason is? So the prices are up. You either buy or not. Who cares what the reason is.

maybe folks who don't like getting ripped off care .
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:
Even Steven wrote:Why do you care what the reason is? So the prices are up. You either buy or not. Who cares what the reason is.

maybe folks who don't like getting ripped off care .

If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

It's hard to argue with stupid statements like "either buy or not." the rest of us don't have that choice.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

buckland wrote:

It's hard to argue with stupid statements like "either buy or not." the rest of us don't have that choice.

I don't have the choice either, I buy it. I do take steps to reduce my consumption. Complaining accomplishes nothing and only adds aggravation to the equation.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

I don't believe you don't have a choice, even with a loaded gun pointed at you there are still options.
I spent $8000 on fuel in December and didn't work the last week. I have choices, like eat it, squeeze my customers for the extra cost, walk away and sell everything then find some other way to earn a living. My equipment can't get anymore fuel efficient with current technology. It sucks going to fuel up 700 liters then doing the math of what I need to do to cover that along with all other non fuel expenses. Not complaining though, no point.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

You could be living in Alberta. Gas prices went up just like here. 26 cents in some places in the past few months, all into the pockets of BigOil. Few people noticed.

But on January 1, the carbon tax added 4.5 cents....................... and Albertans were outraged.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

one of the reasons I moved to the us for 5-6 months of a year for last 10 years
gas at Costco was 2.26 US gallon that's .60 us per litre bought 3 lbs of bananas to day and 2 lbs carrots cost me a total of $2.18 US bought a gallon of oil to change oil @13.99 top grade oil strip loin was on sale at Costco @ 5.99 US
when I was at Costco Kelowna last fall it was $15.00CDN per lb ($33) per KG
get this one!!! Boneless large chicken breast fresh $1.99 lb(us) go check out the super store and I guarantee you its $7-$8 per lb cdn
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

You can blame the difference in prices on the poultry, pork, and milk marketing boards. They keep the prices artificially high. Similar to why we can but Washing State apples cheaper than we can buy Okanagan apples.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

w84u2 wrote:You can blame the difference in prices on the poultry, pork, and milk marketing boards. They keep the prices artificially high. Similar to why we can but Washing State apples cheaper than we can buy Okanagan apples.

although theres definitely some truth in this statement its not the problem look at beer is $6.99 for a 12 pack and in Vernon there like 23$; plus deposit etc a 60 of crown is 27.95 and vernon its 65$ and on and on
and beef aint part of the marketing board

Return to “North Okanagan”