bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Tainted water: election issue

Post by bob vernon »

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Tainted water: election issue

Post by Rwede »

Yes, the CUPE president/NDP candidate has already been in touch with the group.

Maybe she can unionize the biosolids.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Or maybe get buddy to stop spraying his cow sewage into the drinking water that his neighbours use.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Gotta keep this issue stalled until after the election.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/188 ... ds-actions
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Liberal Minister lauds Liberal MLA , for getting absolutely nothing accomplished. Sounds about right.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Farms have been in that area for many years before any Hullcar aquifer was installed.
IH wants buyout farmland so farmers are able continue to have a livelihood, that could work. Just depends on the farmer/farmers, if that's something they would go for.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Farms have been there for years. But not with this concentration of waste. It just goes on and on. You can only put so much waste on the land before it overloads.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/189 ... ries-Spall
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Farms have been there for years. But not with this concentration of waste. It just goes on and on. You can only put so much waste on the land before it overloads.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/189 ... ries-Spall

I guess bovid whisperer could instruct the animals not to crap so much. What suggestion do you have Bob
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Interior Health can step in and give a cease and desist order. Meaning the amount of waste that can be disposed of over a shallow aquifer must be reduced. Reduce the number of cattle squeezed onto the farm, or the waste hauled elsewhere for disposal. Notice in the photograph in the link. They're just hauling the waste from here, to over there. Sure the concentration might be less, but the aquifer is already poisoned. If you're on the right side of the gumment.......

And nobody "installed the aquifer". The aquifer is the portion of the underground where God stores his water. He "installed" it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Interior Health can step in and give a cease and desist order. Meaning the amount of waste that can be disposed of over a shallow aquifer must be reduced. Reduce the number of cattle squeezed onto the farm, or the waste hauled elsewhere for disposal. Notice in the photograph in the link. They're just hauling the waste from here, to over there. Sure the concentration might be less, but the aquifer is already poisoned. If you're on the right side of the gumment.......

And nobody "installed the aquifer". The aquifer is the portion of the underground where God stores his water. He "installed" it.

Since each farm producing enough manure for their own use as a natural fertilizer (just dump more chemical type fertilizer instead), were should they be shipping it to Bob & who pays for transportation.

By reducing the number of cattle would removing income from the farms, is IH willing compensate for that as well.

Why not just shutdown dairy farming & feed lots completely since it's clearly becoming an inconvenience to have around, import dairy & beef from somewhere else.

It's because of all this we already have fewer & fewer farmers in this country & depend more & more on imports.... then everyone wonder why food prices keep going up by so much.

Screw the ones at bottom of totem pole i.e farmers
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

bob vernon wrote:...

:up:
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Or maybe get buddy to stop spraying his cow sewage into the drinking water that his neighbours use.

agreed this latest spillage issue is outrageous and this farmer ought to be held accountable. using the snow fall as an excuse is ridiculous at best. This is looking exactly like the palfrey fiasco a few years ago in coldstream
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://www.obwb.ca/fileadmin/docs/Stewa ... dwater.pdf

Looking at this material tells me, old wells were placed well away from prime farm land. The surveyed wells placed heavier on prime farm land.

Placing wells on known land that has had manured spread on it for decades, in my opinion is very foolishly planing by whomever is in charge.
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 22nd, 2017, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Imagine. People actually having wells and expecting water. Instead, from some these wells that are very old, they get sewage. And over a wide area. But if you're well connected.......

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/189 ... pall-spill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Imagine. People actually having wells and expecting water. Instead, from some these wells that are very old, they get sewage. And over a wide area. But if you're well connected.......

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/189 ... pall-spill

Bob re-read the link I provided

Return to “North Okanagan”