Guilty in Nurse's Death

Chyren
Board Meister

Guilty in Nurse's Death

Post by Chyren »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#188824

Its 2017 and we still have to deal with the issue of Impaired Driving. Sad.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Guilty in Nurse's Death

Post by the truth »

too me you take a life you get life, what this drunk driver did was not a mistake, so ya life in prison
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

the truth wrote:too me you take a life you get life, what this drunk driver did was not a mistake, so ya life in prison

I disagree. it was a mistake and a extreme one at best. people drink and loose control of common sense
not the first time and wont be the last. I agree we need stiffer sentences for such action but don't think it warrants life In
prison UNLESS its proven that they drank on purpose to get drunk and knowingly on purpose got in a vehicle and drove in a dangerous fashion knowing full well they most likely would or could kill someone
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

dontrump wrote:I disagree. it was a mistake and a extreme one at best. people drink and loose control of common sense
not the first time and wont be the last. I agree we need stiffer sentences for such action but don't think it warrants life In
prison UNLESS its proven that they drank on purpose to get drunk and knowingly on purpose got in a vehicle and drove in a dangerous fashion knowing full well they most likely would or could kill someone

Well, that's the thing. They knowingly and intended to drive a vehicle while impaired. They didn't accidentally drive not knowing they were drunk. It's not an accident.

I know a lot of people still do, shamefully, drive while impaired but I think that calling them "accidents" reduces the seriousness of the act. They aren't accidents.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#190001 that's it :cuss: she will be out in 2 years for killing someone :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

the truth wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-190001-2-.htm#190001 that's it :cuss: she will be out in 2 years for killing someone :-X

I am so appalled I don't even know what to say....3 years for the love of all things holy. WTH?????????

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I think 10 years would be more fitting
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

I'm usually a "take a step back and look at the big picture" kind of person but this is stunning.

How does this happen? Even the comment from the judge about the accused family commitments! Does the dead Nurse's family not get any consideration here from our courts?

The Government MUST step in here and look at this.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the judge should be fired :cuss: :cuss:
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Sentencing laws are a joke for drink drivers. It is murder 2nd degree at least. There have been too many of these cases that are given light sentences. Plus six years driving disqualification that in itself should be for life. JOKE JOKE
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Helps to know the definitions and this article explains it:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/murder-vs ... -1.1155132
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Someone needs to organize a protest on this one. This should not be.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#190278

....but you get 4 years for robbing banks.....
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Chyren wrote:Someone needs to organize a protest on this one. This should not be.

You mean the other 'someone' else but not you? You can't be that PO'd if you won't put your money where your mouth is. So typical.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Advertising tough drinking driving laws is not enough. There needs to be lots of cops out there enforcing those laws. Get the people who ignore the safety of others off the road BEFORE they kill someone. Give all the money from traffic fines to the RCMP , or hire city police , and use it to actively search out drunks , texters , speeders , and get them off the road.

Return to “North Okanagan”