Massive brawl in Vernon

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Massive brawl in Vernon

Post by bob vernon »

Vernon is getting crazy.

That's just fine with a segment of Vernon. Expect the rhetoric to get very strong leading up to the next civic election. And also expect a "slate" of candidates to emerge as the conservative element tries to inject party politics into local elections. Kind of like 4Kelowna or whatever they called themselves last time in Kelowna. In Kelowna it was about wealthy developers getting their rezoning done to pile up the profits from development. In Vernon, it will be just good old right wingers thinking they can clean up the town by cracking down good and hard on the poor, the young, the punks, and the jaywalkers. There will be promises to clean up the town, but life will pretty much go on as usual.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

bob vernon wrote:Vernon is getting crazy.

That's just fine with a segment of Vernon. Expect the rhetoric to get very strong leading up to the next civic election. And also expect a "slate" of candidates to emerge as the conservative element tries to inject party politics into local elections. Kind of like 4Kelowna or whatever they called themselves last time in Kelowna. In Kelowna it was about wealthy developers getting their rezoning done to pile up the profits from development. In Vernon, it will be just good old right wingers thinking they can clean up the town by cracking down good and hard on the poor, the young, the punks, and the jaywalkers. There will be promises to clean up the town, but life will pretty much go on as usual.

Law and order coming to Vernon. Next year...
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I saw no massive brawl.
Anyone that would call this a massive brawl has never seen an after school fight on the prairies.
This was a small bunch of goofs, making themselves out to be goofs.

Of course Hip Hop has an effect on people.
Of course that effect can result in brawls.
Let's just for one minute consider what that beat is that cannot be ignored.
That beat (those beats) are primal.
Ever watch a tribe getting ready for battle, or getting ready to face the spirit world?
They dance to a primal beat, to get their heart rate up, their instincts tuned in and to get their emotional state ramped up.

Hip Hop does the very same thing.
So does techno and rap.
So does any music for that matter.
What separates Hip Hop, Rap and Techno from the mix, is the way they use those beats. The emphasis of the music is on the beat, more so than the lyrics or the visuals added for effect.

Now, let's shotgun some boozes, to eliminate our sense of reason and drop our inhibitions, then add in some lyrics based in anger or discontent, and by the time the song is over, the listener is moving to the beat with imagery in mind of anarchy and chaos. Pretty simple means of mind control, and easy pickings to find the weak.

You bet Mercules' music and lyrics had an effect on the audience. Without doubt. That however does not excuse the actions by the goon squad that masqueraded as street fighters. What a joke.

Better than a public lashing, would be a public spanking. These immature kidlets need a good over the knee welting.
I'm all for shaming them with spanking over lashing.
lol

[icon_lol2.gif]
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Graham Adder wrote:I saw no massive brawl.
Anyone that would call this a massive brawl has never seen an after school fight on the prairies.
This was a small bunch of goofs, making themselves out to be goofs.

Of course Hip Hop has an effect on people.
Of course that effect can result in brawls.
Let's just for one minute consider what that beat is that cannot be ignored.
That beat (those beats) are primal.
Ever watch a tribe getting ready for battle, or getting ready to face the spirit world?
They dance to a primal beat, to get their heart rate up, their instincts tuned in and to get their emotional state ramped up.

Hip Hop does the very same thing.
So does techno and rap.
So does any music for that matter.
What separates Hip Hop, Rap and Techno from the mix, is the way they use those beats. The emphasis of the music is on the beat, more so than the lyrics or the visuals added for effect.

Now, let's shotgun some boozes, to eliminate our sense of reason and drop our inhibitions, then add in some lyrics based in anger or discontent, and by the time the song is over, the listener is moving to the beat with imagery in mind of anarchy and chaos. Pretty simple means of mind control, and easy pickings to find the weak.

You bet Mercules' music and lyrics had an effect on the audience. Without doubt. That however does not excuse the actions by the goon squad that masqueraded as street fighters. What a joke.

Better than a public lashing, would be a public spanking. These immature kidlets need a good over the knee welting.
I'm all for shaming them with spanking over lashing.
lol

[icon_lol2.gif]

Also country music causes people to drink whiskey and cry. Can be quite dangerous. The crying part i mean
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

tsayta wrote:Also country music causes people to drink whiskey and cry. Can be quite dangerous. The crying part i mean

Plus it's music of great loss.
Loss of job.
Loss of house.
Loss of wife.
Loss of dog.
Loss of truck.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you play it backwards, you get it all back, and everyone goes home happy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Glacier wrote:If you play it backwards, you get it all back, and everyone goes home happy.

Yea but you've never listened to Punk Country now have ya [icon_lol2.gif] ?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

The music genre is irrelevant. Alcohol is the problem.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Alcohol isn't the problem. People are
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I've seen good people do stupid things they can never take back because of alcohol. Alcohol alters the brain and impairs emotions and judgement.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “North Okanagan”