Silver Star is Epic

Loki2u
Board Meister

Silver Star is Epic

Post by Loki2u »

With the new 35km bike trail "Beowulf" officially open, it looks like the wait was worth it and gained 'epic' status from the International mountain bike association.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/20 ... ar-is-Epic

I gotta admit, I'm not much of a mountain biker, but this sounds like a great way to spend the day and I look forward to trying it soon.

Anyone else been yet?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Silver Star is Epic

Post by Queen K »

We went up to Silver Star last year to take in the wild flowers. I was impressed with the laid back atmosphere, the shopping and the hiking trails.

As for people who want to take the lift up to the top, be sure to google first to see when it's operating, and when the last lift goes up.

And the new trail looked amazing on the tv news. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Loki2u wrote:With the new 35km bike trail "Beowulf" officially open, it looks like the wait was worth it and gained 'epic' status from the International mountain bike association.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/20 ... ar-is-Epic

I gotta admit, I'm not much of a mountain biker, but this sounds like a great way to spend the day and I look forward to trying it soon.

Anyone else been yet?

Great Trail especially the long down but be warned the climb back up is *bleep*. It would be "Epic" if they made a better route back up which I believe is in the works in the future.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Epic? I thought it was merely awesome.
slimebucket

Post by slimebucket »

for the love of god if you do please wear knee pads

I'm begging you

Do it, I didn't and when I was downhill mountain biking when I was young i wiped out and a rock stabbed under my knee, went right under the kneepad, and right out the back of my leg.

When i stood up, i didn't notice at first and wondered why i couldn't straighten out my leg.. then i looked down and saw :-( I was way out in the middle of no where and had to pull out the rock and bike back into town... yeah my knee kinda has... problems now...

So don't do that.. wear *bleep* knee pads... please......

Return to “North Okanagan”