Grindrod Garlic Festival

Noisy Boater
Übergod

Grindrod Garlic Festival

Post by Noisy Boater »

We decided to venture north from Kelowna for the Sunday drive and head for beautiful downtown Grindrod and the garlic festival. The place was jammed and traffic was chaos. (for Grindrod) . It was a lovely day lots of people and garlic galore. Lots of granola types with birkenstocks and hairy legs (the girls ) [icon_lol2.gif] Loads of local veggies , honey artsy stuff etc. We bought some garlic (duh) and a tub of honey for a good price. Going to try to support local farmers more and keep profits away from the rich and famous. We wonder why agricultural land is disappearing. If local farmers cant sell the product they grow cant blame them for wanting to subdivide. back on topic garlic festival was great fun the only bummer was they charged $3.00/ person to get in. if they want to promote it why not charge couple bucks for the food bank. that was kind of a letdown. Also visited Farmer Johns Dairy/Market. Lots of local products such as D Dutch Dairy and ice cream Salmon arm Butchershop meats and plenty of other items. Dont mind forkin out a little extra $$ for some local stuff. The honey we got is from the apiary (sp) right here on Valley Rd. Just sayin.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Grindrod Garlic Festival

Post by Queen K »

I've always wanted to go to the GGFestival. Is going with hairy legs optional or mandatory :135: ?

We may need garlic for growing if ours doesn't last til October. Gotta plant it by mid October to get good sizes.

Was there a band playing?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Sorry not about garlic
Dealt with many of farmers in that area (many years ago), here are few off top of my head: Wells, Dedood, Verhoeven, Dangel etc... etc.

Some are still around well there kids
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Hairy legs are (for girls) is not mandatory. Dedood is a dairy farmer he just built a new dairy with robot milker and has a nice little farmers market just before Sure Crop Feeds. Didnt know there are 300 types of garlic.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.

Return to “North Okanagan”