47063
48347

Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby MrSandman » Sep 6th, 2017, 12:28 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
User avatar
MrSandman
 
Posts: 65
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Jun 22nd, 2016, 8:22 pm

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Because_They_Lie » Sep 6th, 2017, 12:36 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Because_They_Lie
Fledgling
 
Posts: 256
Likes: 160 posts
Liked in: 68 posts
Joined: Jun 27th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Because_They_Lie » Sep 6th, 2017, 12:54 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again, without making it personal.
Because_They_Lie
Fledgling
 
Posts: 256
Likes: 160 posts
Liked in: 68 posts
Joined: Jun 27th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Rider59 » Sep 6th, 2017, 1:31 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
Rider59
Board Meister
 
Posts: 357
Likes: 206 posts
Liked in: 339 posts
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:02 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Rider59 » Sep 6th, 2017, 1:43 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
Rider59
Board Meister
 
Posts: 357
Likes: 206 posts
Liked in: 339 posts
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:02 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby spooker » Sep 6th, 2017, 1:58 pm

It's amazing how a bit of compassion can lower the blood pressure ... :cuss: happens and not always to us but it sure seems like the homeless keep getting it shoveled on them ... population pressures will continue to put people on the street and it might just get to the point that you/we are included in that group ... how do you want to be viewed at that point?

Treat everyone with the respect they garner ... if you approach with anger that is typically what will be reflected back to you ...

And yeah, I've been called worse ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
User avatar
spooker
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 720
Likes: 619 posts
Liked in: 469 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 4:18 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Rider59 » Sep 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm

spooker wrote:It's amazing how a bit of compassion can lower the blood pressure ... :cuss: happens and not always to us but it sure seems like the homeless keep getting it shoveled on them ... Gee, I wonder why? population pressures will continue to put people on the street and it might just get to the point that you/we are included in that group ... how do you want to be viewed at that point? You would find me trying my damnest to get off the street, not getting high and being useless.

Treat everyone with the respect they garner ... They do get the respect they deserve.if you approach with anger that is typically what will be reflected back to you ... Who says I approach them at all. I have no interest in hangin' with drug infested losers.

And yeah, I've been called worse ... I'm positive about that.

Bman likes this post.
Rider59
Board Meister
 
Posts: 357
Likes: 206 posts
Liked in: 339 posts
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:02 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby ferri » Sep 6th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Get back on topic and stop making it personal!
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 42465
Likes: 12872 posts
Liked in: 7793 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby Bman » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Fancy wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:You are incorrect, there are very good reasons for the tents to be there, there are human beings trying to survive by living in those tents.
That is not a reason to occupy a public space that so many used to enjoy. They do not own the space and do not look after the space and have made it very unappealing which is contrary to what the park was designed for - so no, I am not incorrect.

I agree.
I say the same for Leon ave in kelowna.
Is the world getting stupider, or is it just getting easier for stupid people to have their thoughts heard?

Rider59 likes this post.
User avatar
Bman
Mindquad
 
Posts: 27264
Likes: 10423 posts
Liked in: 8104 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby jasond_71 » Sep 8th, 2017, 9:43 am

I honestly think the people in the tent city do not want to live in shelters probably because there are rules there like you can't do drugs.
Also, if you give them a physical space to live for free like an apartment it gets absolutely trashed in no time with feces on the floor and holes in the wall etc. etc. so who would want to live there.
I don't know what the solutions is because we can't force them to take their medication if they are mentally ill or into treatment if they are drug addicted so that leaves what the city is doing. Keep them away from areas where people do not feel safe. There is a spray park and playground 1 minute away from this tent city where there was a shooting not long ago.

Rider59 likes this post.
jasond_71
Fledgling
 
Posts: 235
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 152 posts
Joined: Aug 25th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby slimebucket » Sep 9th, 2017, 8:41 am

I am a taxi driver and I really feel my opinion has some meaning here.

I have been chased away from doing night shift. I used to work nights every night for years. I am now so afraid of this town I cannot work nights anymore.

Everywhere you look bums, mentally ill, prostitutes, people talking to themselves.

It started affecting my job. Every time I pick up someone bums hassling us for help, free rides, change, or they would take a ride, then RUN AWAY without paying. They would call a cab and be doing drugs right out in the open when I get there. I have had some start doing drugs right in my backseat! They want me to drive around looking for drug dealers / hookers. Now every tourist season I have to warn people from going to polson Park. Everyones like "its so beautiful why wouldnt you go to it?! your excagerating." then they go, and they always apologize and tell me I was right.|

What people dont understand about why the tents are wrong and should not be there is that there is places for homeless to go, there is government set up things to help... but you have to follow some rules, so them bums are like "RULES?!?!?! $#@$ that! Im out"

When I ran a delivery company long ago, I put real effort into helping bums. I made tons of care packages, I got in contact with many company owners and tried to get as many homeless jobs. easy jobs that require no skill, like taking nails to workers on construction sites, or cleaning dishes, or cleaning up outside, and out of over 200 people I tried to help, NOT ONE OF THEM STUCK AROUND AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF WORK. NOT ONE.

I went around to them after asking why they didnt come back and if they wanted to. EVERY *bleep* TIME "No, I dont want to be controlled, I dont like following rules, its not for me, I just want to be left alone"

All my care packages I found thrown out, or I found one guy with a a bunch of the stuff I gave away and he said everyone traded him them for drugs and booze.


One guy I bought a full pizza for because he said he was hungry. So I bought him a full pizza. This guy THREW IT AWAY RIGHT AFTER YELLING AT ME FOR BEING AN *bleep* AND NOT GIVING HIM MONEY. He then went to someone else saying hes hungry and wants change. They guy was going to give him a $5 bill and I ran up saying "see that pizza in the garbage? yeah I just gave that to him" That bum tried to fight me. He go so angry that I stopped that man from giving him $5. He wouldnt stop yelling and screaming. You know what bi-law did when they saw this? TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Anyone who defends actions of homeless, or says those tents are ok, or their actions are justifed, I suggest you live like them for a week and see what you see. I SUGGEST you help those people get jobs, and see how that goes. I suggest trying to be their friend and see how it goes. Its so easy to defend them when you do not know them, but if you took the time to try and ACTUALLY help instead of just put your opinion on the internet you will see those people put ACTIVE effort into being where they are. They act like they totally victims and have no control. WRONG THEY HAVE ALL THE CONTROL.

People who have to work all the time, have kids, have to take care of a family, they have no control. Their job, kids and family control them. Homeless who answer to no one, and have no responsibilities have all the control they want over their life, and they choose to be druggies. Then of course no one wants to help them because they are druggies, BUT THEY ARE THE ONES CHOOSING TO BE DRUGGIES ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE.

I actually now hate my job because of I have to deal with street people so much. 6 taxi drivers quit last month, 3 the month before, and 2 the month before that. In that time we have got 1 new driver. The homeless in this town are driving people away from this town, myself included.


*Spooker you got a lot of big talk, condescending others for their views that thing negativity of the homeless. Can I ask, how much have you gotten involved and tried to help? How many homeless have you taken under your wing, got them cleaned up looking good, got them a job, show them places they can say, give them care packages and show them someone cares?

I have done this with over 200 people in both Vancouver area, and Vernon. I have gotten many homeless people jobs. You know what happens every time? They steal something, leave and never come back. Whats funny is they steal something worth less than WHAT WE OWE THEM FOR THEIR WORK. But they think they making off good. Like they worked for 6 hours we owe them over $60 but then they steal something worth $20 and leave. Its funny.

But honestly, how much do you really help homeless Spooker? I find I get condescended a lot about my views of homeless, yet every time I probe people about their experience, it always seems they have NO experience with trying to help homeless. It is really easy to view them like they poor cute little animals that are pure victims with not control, and act like puppy dogs that need constant help from others, until you actually deal with them and understand how self destructive they really are. You say to yourself "no one wants to be a bum and anyone in those conditions does and would not want to be there" but thats only you. YOU would not want to be a bum, and YOU would not want to be there. Once you deal with these people and understand they actually DO WANT to be there, and they enjoy not following rules and pissing off anyone who does, you see they have a lot more control over their lifes then you are giving them credit for.

I used to get some homeless people on welfare and get them into low income places, and set up 3 different people into a 3 bedroom low income place, and paying rent and bills was never the problem, that was always easily solved by welfare / volunteers / charity but the problem was ALWAYS how they lived. How they would smoke in their room without even trying to open a window. They would *bleep* on the floor because they didn't feel like walking to the bathroom. They would live LIKE bums, in their home / apartment. They would have empty garbage but piles of garbage everywhere. They would never throw their garbage out, they wouldnt even use the doors properly and would enter and exit the place through windows. I have tried, and have seen SO many others try, with making homeless NOT homeless, and like, I have never once, NOT ONCE in my whole life, seen anyone actually clean up and choose not to be like that.

Wait, im wrong. There is one person. My Uncle Ken. He was homeless and forgotten his whole life until my family welcomed him into our home and told him if he doesn't do any other drugs, booze, let us know where he goes when he goes out then we well provide him with as much medical marijuana as he could ever want. over 14 years later he is still living with my dad and has never had an urge to be a street person. Before when he was forced on medications he always ran away to the streets to get away from the medications, but with my family, we allow him to do medical weed instead of chemical medications and it works like a wonder.
Last edited by slimebucket on Sep 9th, 2017, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

4 people like this post.
slimebucket
 
Posts: 24
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 21 posts
Joined: Mar 10th, 2010, 1:25 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby dontrump » Sep 9th, 2017, 8:53 am

You know what bi-law did when they saw this? TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE.


you can well imagine what I would have told that :cuss: so called bylaw officer :130:
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 376 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby dontrump » Sep 9th, 2017, 8:59 am

slimebucket wrote:I am a taxi driver and I really feel my opinion has some meaning here.

I have been chased away from doing night shift. I used to work nights every night for years. I am now so afraid of this town I cannot work nights anymore.

Everywhere you look bums, mentally ill, prostitutes, people talking to themselves.

It started affecting my job. Every time I pick up someone bums hassling us for help, free rides, change, or they would take a ride, then RUN AWAY without paying. They would call a cab and be doing drugs right out in the open when I get there. I have had some start doing drugs right in my backseat! They want me to drive around looking for drug dealers / hookers. Now every tourist season I have to warn people from going to polson Park. Everyones like "its so beautiful why wouldnt you go to it?! your excagerating." then they go, and they always apologize and tell me I was right.|

What people dont understand about why the tents are wrong and should not be there is that there is places for homeless to go, there is government set up things to help... but you have to follow some rules, so them bums are like "RULES?!?!?! $#@$ that! Im out"

When I ran a delivery company long ago, I put real effort into helping bums. I made tons of care packages, I got in contact with many company owners and tried to get as many homeless jobs. easy jobs that require no skill, like taking nails to workers on construction sites, or cleaning dishes, or cleaning up outside, and out of over 200 people I tried to help, NOT ONE OF THEM STUCK AROUND AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF WORK. NOT ONE.

I went around to them after asking why they didnt come back and if they wanted to. EVERY *bleep* TIME "No, I dont want to be controlled, I dont like following rules, its not for me, I just want to be left alone"

All my care packages I found thrown out, or I found one guy with a a bunch of the stuff I gave away and he said everyone traded him them for drugs and booze.


One guy I bought a full pizza for because he said he was hungry. So I bought him a full pizza. This guy THREW IT AWAY RIGHT AFTER YELLING AT ME FOR BEING AN *bleep* AND NOT GIVING HIM MONEY. He then went to someone else saying hes hungry and wants change. They guy was going to give him a $5 bill and I ran up saying "see that pizza in the garbage? yeah I just gave that to him" That bum tried to fight me. He go so angry that I stopped that man from giving him $5. He wouldnt stop yelling and screaming. You know what bi-law did when they saw this? TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Anyone who defends actions of homeless, or says those tents are ok, or their actions are justifed, I suggest you live like them for a week and see what you see. I SUGGEST you help those people get jobs, and see how that goes. I suggest trying to be their friend and see how it goes. Its so easy to defend them when you do not know them, but if you took the time to try and ACTUALLY help instead of just put your opinion on the internet you will see those people put ACTIVE effort into being where they are. They act like they totally victims and have no control. WRONG THEY HAVE ALL THE CONTROL.

People who have to work all the time, have kids, have to take care of a family, they have no control. Their job, kids and family control them. Homeless who answer to no one, and have no responsibilities have all the control they want over their life, and they choose to be druggies. Then of course no one wants to help them because they are druggies, BUT THEY ARE THE ONES CHOOSING TO BE DRUGGIES ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE.

I actually now hate my job because of I have to deal with street people so much. 6 taxi drivers quit last month, 3 the month before, and 2 the month before that. In that time we have got 1 new driver. The homeless in this town are driving people away from this town, myself included.

that's quit the story and I have zero reason to doubt you at all and I do not doubt you;; the one thing that's omitted here is that this dreadful situation is (thankfully) concentrated in one small area of Vernon;; one can only imagine if this was in every neighbour hood of Vernon and area;; one thing that should be dealt with FIRMLY is PP should be 100% completely out of bounds and heavily patrolled to make sure it stays that way

dirtybiker likes this post.
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 376 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby slimebucket » Sep 9th, 2017, 9:48 am

that's quit the story and I have zero reason to doubt you at all and I do not doubt you;; the one thing that's omitted here is that this dreadful situation is (thankfully) concentrated in one small area of Vernon;; one can only imagine if this was in every neighbour hood of Vernon and area;; one thing that should be dealt with FIRMLY is PP should be 100% completely out of bounds and heavily patrolled to make sure it stays that way



ROFL confined to one small space... is that a joke??

Every tim hortons has em. Every sign that says "Pan handling to vehicles on the road is wrong, phone this number if you see it" has people begging for change. Every fast food place has em, 30 ave every intersection has em. Want me to explain where the hooker allies are? what about the crack dealers where they hang out? Confined to one spot, lol I dont know if thats delusional as you refuse to see the real problem, or if you just honestly dont see the problem.

Last year my step son couldnt go to school for a day because they had to clean up needles. Almost every park has had needles and drug stuff found. Fruit union plaza has em, Whole sale area has A LOT, while working I have to slam on my breaks id guess probably 6 times a day to avoid hitting a bum crossing the road when I have a green light.... i can honestly go on and on and on about places they bother people
slimebucket
 
Posts: 24
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 21 posts
Joined: Mar 10th, 2010, 1:25 am

Re: Unreasonable and Unacceptable

Postby slimebucket » Sep 9th, 2017, 10:00 am

dontrump wrote:
You know what bi-law did when they saw this? TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE.


you can well imagine what I would have told that :cuss: so called bylaw officer :130:


the cops and bi law in this town are horrible. Ive seen a bum j walk in front of a cop, he slammed on his breaks, the bum stopped in the road, yelled at the cop, a bi law officer was there watched it, no one said anything to the bum, just let him keep walking while traffic got really badly backed up from it. the same day I got a parking ticket from that EXACT same bi law officer while I was in a store trying to get change for the meter and I wasent even parked for 5 minutes.

Ive seen bums stand in the middle of traffic yelling at cars and people and no one does anything. There is even a bi law in town that makes it so if you hit a j walker, its the drivers fault, so you get screwed on insurance and you also get a bi law ticket. For hitting someone j walking breaking the law.
slimebucket
 
Posts: 24
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 21 posts
Joined: Mar 10th, 2010, 1:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests