Re: Cops descend on farm

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Woman Threatened with a gun/Cops descend on farm

Post by Fancy »

Mama wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/209114/Woman-threatened-with-gun

Update:
On Oct. 17, seven charges were brought against Curtis Wayne Sagmoen in a Vernon, B.C., court, according to court records. Mr. Sagmoen was born in 1980, so is either 36 or 37.

Six charges, from an offence date of Aug. 27, are: disguising face with intent to commit offence; intentionally discharge a firearm while reckless; uttering threats; careless use or storage of a firearm; pointing a firearm; possessing a weapon for dangerous purpose. The seventh charge, from an offence date of Sept. 5, is possession of a controlled substance.

Mr. Sagmoen appeared in court in Vernon – 60 kilometres south of Salmon Arm – on Oct. 17 and 18. He was denied bail and remains in custody and is due back in court on Oct. 26.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/b ... dmail.com&
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Article from local news source other than Castanet.
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Woman Threatened with a gun....

Post by Ken7 »

Even Steven wrote:
Good chance she lied about it. Not like hookers are the most honest people. Without evidence, police won't do squat.

Never *bleep*/U/ME one got away from Willy could have saved many more if the police would have taken her seriously.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea ken7 i think it was from a house in surrey and she said someone was going to inject her with anti freeze if i remember correctly.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Woman Threatened with a gun....

Post by Queen K »

Ken7 wrote:
Even Steven wrote:
Good chance she lied about it. Not like hookers are the most honest people. Without evidence, police won't do squat.

Never *bleep*/U/ME one got away from Willy could have saved many more if the police would have taken her seriously.

Precisely. But no, she was put down, called a liar and disbelieved. And more died brutal deaths. Part of the slow response to the missing women crisis of the downtown East Side is that they weren't rich white people.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Well the main problem that happened with the Pickton problem was the fact the women were prostitutes/street people, most with no fixed address, so it was very easy for people to assume they left town or the province.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Well the main problem that happened with the Pickton problem was the fact the women were prostitutes/street people, most with no fixed address, so it was very easy for people to assume they left town or the province.

Further to, when you come to a dead end with no family, or real friends where can you go?

With homeless people you are very limited with the direction as they usually have no vehicle, no real bank history etc. It makes it a lot more difficult then a person who has a job, a home, friends, and family.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, exactly, and I hope for the families sake that "human remains" means plural so that more than one family can have closure.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I didnt realize how many woman have gone missing in the last few years.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Five in this area alone and no clues as to what was happening to them. But I just read that over 1,200 indigneous women are murdered or missing in Canada alone.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Queen K wrote:Five in this area alone and no clues as to what was happening to them. But I just read that over 1,200 indigneous women are murdered or missing in Canada alone.

Rez life is bad. Especially the ones in isolated areas.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... db401e2937

The six-day search of a Salmon Arm-area farm where human remains have been found is expected to intensify, as police plan to bring in more equipment and resources to help look for evidence on the rural property.

“There will be a visible increase at the site in the next couple of days,” said Cpl. Dan Moskaluk, spokesman for the RCMP Southeast District.

On Tuesday, three investigators donned latex gloves to search in and around a horse trailer near the entrance of the property at 2290 Salmon River Rd. in Silver Creek, where last Friday RCMP made the grim discovery while executing a search warrant. Six police vehicles, including a mobile command unit, were parked at the site.

Curtis Wayne Sagmoen, whose parents own the farm, is in custody after a sex-trade worker was allegedly threatened with a firearm near the farm in August. He has not been charged in connection with the human remains found on the property.

The expanding search is troubling news to the five families with loved ones who have disappeared from communities near the farm over the last 20 months.

Alanna Wertz’s sister Deanna, 46, lived on the next country road over from the farm, and has been missing since July 19, 2016. Ashley Simpson, who lived two doors away from Deanna, disappeared three months earlier.

Return to “North Okanagan”