Stickle Freeway?

puttrench

Stickle Freeway?

Post by puttrench »

Reading this opinion (with picture) just confirmed what I thought all along. It upsets me but, I can't do anything about it and that is frustrating. The powers that be are just going to go ahead and do what they want no matter what citizens think or what damage they do. As I've said before, follow the money. :-X
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Stickle Freeway?

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

puttrench wrote:Reading this opinion (with picture) just confirmed what I thought all along. It upsets me but, I can't do anything about it and that is frustrating. The powers that be are just going to go ahead and do what they want no matter what citizens think or what damage they do. As I've said before, follow the money. :-X

Hi,

I am a Citizen and I thought/think this is preferable to a light at Stickle.
The citizens also want more housing, so they get that too.

Just because they did not do what YOU wanted does not meant hey did not listen.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Wetland area, gone. Never to return.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

puttrench wrote:Reading this opinion (with picture) just confirmed what I thought all along. It upsets me but, I can't do anything about it and that is frustrating. The powers that be are just going to go ahead and do what they want no matter what citizens think or what damage they do. As I've said before, follow the money. :-X

As I've mentioned in the other thread about Stickle Rd, no need for either a light or the extension 20th St.

Just block off left turns off Stickle onto 97, reroute traffic onto PVR then turn right at 48th Ave. From there traffic can turn left or right at either 27 St or 32 St, just that easy-peasy.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I dont see a freeway. I see a mountain of dirt being trucked in to preload the ground for a road in the future. Kinda like how Walmart had a mountain of dirt trucked in to settle the ground before they built on it. There's other swaps in the area all will be fine.
aitaix

Post by aitaix »

I don't get why anyone would even bother trying to turn left at Stickle Road in the first Place. Unsafe 4 lane road when you could go to 58th Avenue via Pleasant Valley and there you have a wonderfully controlled intersection.

If you're at the Lake side if the highway, turn right south bound, 27th street underpass, left on 58th, turn around at 58th and 20th and back track. Oh its longer? Seems alot safer than trying to turn left there. Cheaper too.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I’m a citizen as well and I support the decision so I guess they are going ahead with what citizens want
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It would be fitting to name this street Eric Foster Way.

Just put in the %^&*(*) light.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Catsumi wrote:Wetland area, gone. Never to return.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I know, I know.

The shame of it? That school children are preached at to recognized wetlands and protect them. Look at the Painted Turtle!

Until a freeway has to go in.

:cuss: :swear:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:It would be fitting to name this street Eric Foster Way.

Just put in the %^&*(*) light.

Hwy 97 does not need another traffic light (only a complete dumb :cuss: would want a traffic light), just read my previous post for cheap solution.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Alice in Vernon

Post by Alice in Vernon »

Drove down there today and it does look like they're putting in a freeway. BTW, there are a lot of citizens who did not want this but they've given up protesting because they recognized it was fruitless. Money talks. And, I agree it should be called Eric Foster way.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

They have to bring in massive amounts of dirt to preload the ground because its a swamp and the ground underneath is unstable. Most of what people see today will be trucked back out in the spring.
Alice in Vernon

Post by Alice in Vernon »

You mean like in a wetland?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Alice in Vernon wrote:BTW, there are a lot of citizens who did not want this

BTW, there are a lot of citizens who did want this :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “North Okanagan”