I urge anyone in Vernon who's not happy to move to Calgary.

slimebucket

I urge anyone in Vernon who's not happy to move to Calgary.

Post by slimebucket »

spent 5 years looking in for a home in Vernon with my family.

Looked at over 100 places and txted called or emailed over 500 people.

Never once did I ever get a call back, or anything yet would see all the places I looked at BACK ON THE MARKET.

My girlfriend had a Care aid school diploma but NO ONE in vernon would give her a job due to how everyone hates Sprott Shaw, and says she has no experience.

I worked as a Taxi driver and got no respect from anyone for providing a service of preventing DRINKING AND DRIVING (not even going to get on the topic of how vernon MAYOR RIPPED OFF taxi drivers and refused to get a cab and drove drunk like a *bleep* moron.. him refusing to get a cab is TAKING FOOD AWAY FROM MY CHILD'S PLATE.)

You know Vernon is the only town I've seen where EVERY tim hortons (even ones RIGHT BESIDE AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL) have NEEDLE disposal boxes in the bathrooms

So i moved to Calgary. Second place I looked at, I have a place. Cheaper than my place in in Vernon by $200, everything included, right in a area that was built less than 2 years ago north end of Calgary. My girlfriend got work within first week here, and I got a driving job my first phone call.

I suggest anyone in Vernon upset with housing crisis, no work, extreme selfishness, EVERYONE only benefiting the 65 plus crowd yet ignoring the minimum wage workers move to Calgary. The rich people in Vernon who are ruining all the lives of the poor low wage workers WILL ONLY realize they HAVE to treat people with respect once NO ONE SERVES THEM. Thats why i left how I did. I no longer will serve them when they wont serve me. Even the mayor wont serve me by PAYING for a cab when hes drunk?

Yeah screw Vernon. Screw the people in charge of vernon, screw the home owners who created the FAKE housing crisis (there is sooooooooo many empty homes and vacation rental spots... the housing crisis of no where to rent is FAKE to rip people off) screw the mayor, screw Scott |Anderson (every word from that guys mouth is "YOU CANT JUDGE OUR INACTION! WE HAVE DONE STUFF THAT DIDNT WORK IN THE PAST!"), screw the bi law who do nothing to help just give out parking tickets, and above all screw everyone who told me everywhere is going to be just as bad as Vernon (seriously every time I tried to talk to someone about moving everyone gave me the same speech "Everywhere is just the same, everywhere is like Vernon, if you cant handle the problems here, it will be like that everywhere") - yeah... everyone who said that, screw you, you could not have been more wrong. Vernon is seriously the worst place I have ever lived. Pull your heads out of... the sand and look around. Your government has failed you and turned your town into a dumpster.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I urge anyone in Vernon who's not happy to move to Calga

Post by dirtybiker »

Good luck, don't let that chip give you a back ache.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Called or emailed over 500 and no one called you back? Common denominator? :up:
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

That negativity is sure to change things, and get you far...
I am... the law!
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Looking at 100 places gives me the impression that there are a lot of places to rent in Vernon, especially when you add you messaged 500 about places... In no way am I claiming to be an expert on this, but to me this seems like a lot of places available in a market the size of Vernon.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Had to laugh - his second rant about Vernon. Other people have got jobs in the same field, found a place to live and are quite happy in Vernon. "everyone hates Sprott Shaw"???? That's too funny. Maybe others were better suited for the position applied for. People can see a chip on the shoulder and who wants to work with someone that's not intending to stay?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Well, I for one am happy YOU moved to Calgary also.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Just wait until the name is changed lol.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Where do you think all the rich people over 65 came from who have been driving up real estate prices, Calgary and Vancouver:) Most people do have to move out of the Okanagan to find jobs and raise a family when they are young. When they can they often move back. Welcome to the real world. Good for you for moving and finding work and a place to live.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm not particularly worried about what someone who has the user name "Slimebucket" thinks of Vernon.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Well slime bucket. It appears nobody agrees with your little rant so maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself am I wrong or is everybody else wrong. Hopefully you come to the right conclusion but I don't think anybody is going to hold their breath that you do
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Good luck to the OP. Glad you are happy to have found better luck in a different place.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sometimes we're just not clicking with where we are, what is happening around us and a move is in order. If Slimebucket is doing well where he is, who are we to think otherwise?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I tried the Calgary thing in my early 20's and hated it. To me its just a big city in a field in the middle of no where. I need mountains and lakes.

Anyways best of luck. Im sure youll be one of those red plates that invades BC in the summer.
jp10

Post by jp10 »

My family and I moved here from just outside of Calgary, this last August. We are renting and I emailed 4 places at the time we were looking to move, and all 4 enthusiastically offered their home to us. We chose the best fit and price for our family, and the transition couldn't have gone better. Is it possible your negative experience has something to do with your equally negative attitude?

Yes, there are some conveniences that we miss about Calgary, but there are more conveniences here that we love. I have more issues with the BC government than anything with Vernon ;) Bottom line is that we wouldn't want to be anywhere else and we hope to make Vernon "home" for our family.

Thank you Vernon! We love getting to know you and love being part of your community! We hope to contribute in a positive way for years to come!
Last edited by jp10 on Jan 3rd, 2018, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “North Okanagan”