Paddles on slow, for safety??

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 8th, 2017, 9:58 pm

TheBoss wrote:This is why after a certain age you shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore.

Yawn! This rhetoric is really getting old (pun intended) :132:

I'd love to see factual statistics showing that more flaggers have been killed by older drivers then younger drivers to back up your proposal.

Just out of curiosity, in your opinion - what shall the magic number be?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Bsuds likes this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5133 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby Bsuds » Dec 9th, 2017, 9:37 am

Dizzy1 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, in your opinion - what shall the magic number be?


What we really should do is be more diligent on removing poor/bad drivers no matter what their age.
If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong!
You are never too old to learn something stupid.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42694
Likes: 8626 posts
Liked in: 10920 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 9th, 2017, 11:55 am

Bsuds wrote:
What we really should do is be more diligent on removing poor/bad drivers no matter what their age.


Like not handing the inept, confused, anxious, clumsy, un co ordinated ones a licence in the
first place.

ETA...RIP,

Everyone else;
Stay sharp, stay safe.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Dizzy1 likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 6416
Likes: 5660 posts
Liked in: 2836 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby christopher » Dec 10th, 2017, 10:29 am

dirtybiker wrote:
Bsuds wrote:
What we really should do is be more diligent on removing poor/bad drivers no matter what their age.


Like not handing the inept, confused, anxious, clumsy, un co ordinated ones a licence in the
first place.

ETA...RIP,

Everyone else;
Stay sharp, stay safe.


The same can be said about handing the stop and slow sign to the same kind of people young are old.
christopher
Fledgling
 
Posts: 307
Likes: 567 posts
Liked in: 220 posts
Joined: Jun 9th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 10th, 2017, 4:04 pm

christopher wrote:
The same can be said about handing the stop and slow sign to the same kind of people young are old.


The Resumes coming in from those with Masters Degree's in Physics seem to be far
and few between.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 6416
Likes: 5660 posts
Liked in: 2836 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby christopher » Dec 10th, 2017, 4:48 pm

dirtybiker wrote:
christopher wrote:
The same can be said about handing the stop and slow sign to the same kind of people young are old.


The Resumes coming in from those with Masters Degree's in Physics seem to be far
and few between.


The biggest problem with traffic control is in fact that. The pay in no good, Many people do it for the social aspect, The truth is that the flag people are responsible for the safe movement of traffic in the construction zone with little training . Few people take the job seriously. Until the industry makes changes you will see this tragedy repeated.
christopher
Fledgling
 
Posts: 307
Likes: 567 posts
Liked in: 220 posts
Joined: Jun 9th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby dontrump » Dec 10th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Flag people need to stop thinking their a traffic cop with ultimate authority;;
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1873
Likes: 396 posts
Liked in: 543 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby GordonH » Dec 11th, 2017, 2:57 am

dontrump wrote:Flag people need to stop thinking their a traffic cop with ultimate authority;;


Drivers need to learn to f :cuss: ing read, if a driver does not know what the word Stop or Slow means. Then they need to give up their f :cuss: ing driver's license ASAP.
Only dumb :cuss: idiots speeds threw a construction zone, of course usually those same idiots speed threw school & playground zones as well.
impo all of these zones need to go the same way distracted driving, huge increases to the fines.
Only way these dumb :cuss: learn is to hit their wallets very hard.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20711
Likes: 2309 posts
Liked in: 7314 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 11th, 2017, 9:41 pm

GordonH wrote:
Drivers need to learn to f :cuss: ing read, if a driver does not know what the word Stop or Slow means. Then they need to give up their f :cuss: ing driver's license ASAP.
Only dumb :cuss: idiots speeds threw a construction zone, of course usually those same idiots speed threw school & playground zones as well.
impo all of these zones need to go the same way distracted driving, huge increases to the fines.
Only way these dumb :cuss: learn is to hit their wallets very hard.

I've had a couple of instances where I was going through a construction zone and the flagger starts screaming and flaying their arms at me, jumping out in front of me and waves their lollipop sign in a wizardly way in front of me - hollering and yelling that "Stop means Stop". So I'd stop, slowly open my window and kindly explain to them that they're right, stop does mean stop - but slow means slow, not stop as I'd point to their sign which clearly said slow. It happens, no biggie - not trying to point any fingers.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5133 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby GordonH » Dec 12th, 2017, 1:22 am

^^^ no one should be given a tombstone for doing a job, like the lady in this thread.
Or be run over like the lady earlier this year down in the lower mainland, who could also have been killed.
This was my point why drivers need to smarten up, because they are the ones in a 4,000 lbs +/- item.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20711
Likes: 2309 posts
Liked in: 7314 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 12th, 2017, 1:28 am

GordonH wrote:^^^ no one should be given a tombstone for doing a job, like the lady in this thread.
Or be run over like the lady earlier this year down in the lower mainland, who could also have been killed.
This was my point why drivers need to smarten up, because they are the ones in a 4,000 lbs +/- item.

I wasn't implying that nor disagreeing with your point. Just sharing a story - thats all :D
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

GordonH likes this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5133 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Previous

Return to North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests