Paddles on slow, for safety??

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Paddles on slow, for safety??

Post by Dizzy1 »

TheBoss wrote:This is why after a certain age you shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore.

Yawn! This rhetoric is really getting old (pun intended) :132:

I'd love to see factual statistics showing that more flaggers have been killed by older drivers then younger drivers to back up your proposal.

Just out of curiosity, in your opinion - what shall the magic number be?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, in your opinion - what shall the magic number be?

What we really should do is be more diligent on removing poor/bad drivers no matter what their age.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote:
What we really should do is be more diligent on removing poor/bad drivers no matter what their age.

Like not handing the inept, confused, anxious, clumsy, un co ordinated ones a licence in the
first place.

ETA...RIP,

Everyone else;
Stay sharp, stay safe.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

dirtybiker wrote:
Bsuds wrote:

Like not handing the inept, confused, anxious, clumsy, un co ordinated ones a licence in the
first place.

ETA...RIP,

Everyone else;
Stay sharp, stay safe.

The same can be said about handing the stop and slow sign to the same kind of people young are old.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

christopher wrote:
The same can be said about handing the stop and slow sign to the same kind of people young are old.

The Resumes coming in from those with Masters Degree's in Physics seem to be far
and few between.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

dirtybiker wrote:
christopher wrote:

The Resumes coming in from those with Masters Degree's in Physics seem to be far
and few between.

The biggest problem with traffic control is in fact that. The pay in no good, Many people do it for the social aspect, The truth is that the flag people are responsible for the safe movement of traffic in the construction zone with little training . Few people take the job seriously. Until the industry makes changes you will see this tragedy repeated.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Flag people need to stop thinking their a traffic cop with ultimate authority;;
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:Flag people need to stop thinking their a traffic cop with ultimate authority;;

Drivers need to learn to f :cuss: ing read, if a driver does not know what the word Stop or Slow means. Then they need to give up their f :cuss: ing driver's license ASAP.
Only dumb :cuss: idiots speeds threw a construction zone, of course usually those same idiots speed threw school & playground zones as well.
impo all of these zones need to go the same way distracted driving, huge increases to the fines.
Only way these dumb :cuss: learn is to hit their wallets very hard.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:
Drivers need to learn to f :cuss: ing read, if a driver does not know what the word Stop or Slow means. Then they need to give up their f :cuss: ing driver's license ASAP.
Only dumb :cuss: idiots speeds threw a construction zone, of course usually those same idiots speed threw school & playground zones as well.
impo all of these zones need to go the same way distracted driving, huge increases to the fines.
Only way these dumb :cuss: learn is to hit their wallets very hard.

I've had a couple of instances where I was going through a construction zone and the flagger starts screaming and flaying their arms at me, jumping out in front of me and waves their lollipop sign in a wizardly way in front of me - hollering and yelling that "Stop means Stop". So I'd stop, slowly open my window and kindly explain to them that they're right, stop does mean stop - but slow means slow, not stop as I'd point to their sign which clearly said slow. It happens, no biggie - not trying to point any fingers.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ no one should be given a tombstone for doing a job, like the lady in this thread.
Or be run over like the lady earlier this year down in the lower mainland, who could also have been killed.
This was my point why drivers need to smarten up, because they are the ones in a 4,000 lbs +/- item.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ no one should be given a tombstone for doing a job, like the lady in this thread.
Or be run over like the lady earlier this year down in the lower mainland, who could also have been killed.
This was my point why drivers need to smarten up, because they are the ones in a 4,000 lbs +/- item.

I wasn't implying that nor disagreeing with your point. Just sharing a story - thats all :D

Return to “North Okanagan”