VSAR looking for more space

buckland
Fledgling

VSAR looking for more space

Post by buckland »

Has anyone thought of approaching the owners of the old Canadian Tire store for rental opportunity of its garage section until a permanent solution is found?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: VSAR looking for more space

Post by dontrump »

makes complete sense to me???
Daylightgirl

Post by Daylightgirl »

Living near the fire training centre, I sincerely hope there will be some ability to voice concerns over more traffic and equipment coming in and out of our small residential neighborhood should they consider this area for their facility. I have lived in this area for nearly 30 years and with the present road structure, existing orchard business and truck traffic, lack of lighting and no sidewalks there already exists issues for residents, walkers and children. The use of these roads and what property are be used for (home based businesses and ongoing property development) already has created congestion and speeding. The fire training facility users cause enough traffic concerns as evidenced by the number of complaints about their driving habits through our narrow residential neighborhood. Don’t think we haven’t noticed and are losing some enjoyment of our homes.

I totally agree search and rescue needs more space but please consider another building and area with more than one road in through a residential neighborhood!
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

The search and rescue center is at Aberdeen.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Chyren wrote:The search and rescue center is at Aberdeen.

And they are trying to move to a bigger building which is the point of this discussion.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

this is how badly the liberal snowflakes have infiltrated and are ruining the lives of regular conservative thinking folks
the Vernon search and rescue simply wanted to expand at the existing NORD property but some A$$hole discovered some useless toad and they put a kiebosch on this more than reasonable ideal

Return to “North Okanagan”