Complaints up, unsightly premises

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Complaints up, unsightly premises

Post by Silverstarqueen »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215444

I wonder how many of the complaints about unsightly premises were due to the extremely wet spring we had this year.
We were attempting to clean out our garage, had most of it ready, called a disposal bin company. They were nice and quick to accommodate, but had traction problems on our extremely mucky property (was not a problem on previous springs), could not deliver the bin. I asked them to please come back in a few weeks to a month, presumably it would dry up by then.
Meanwhile my kind neighbors report to bylaw. You would think under the circumstances they might be a bit more understanding. At any rate we just barely managed to get the bin in, and everything done by the time bylaw had to do inspection. Waste of their time if you ask me.
How many people had their properties flooded, had to call in renovation/clean up crews, which were already doing triple time just to keep up with the situation?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Complaints up, unsightly premises

Post by Bpeep »

If my neighbors called bylaw on me coz I have some debris strewn about but am endeavoring to get it under control, I'd add to the pile and spread it out as wide as I can.
And I'd leave it that way.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bman wrote:If my neighbors called bylaw on me coz I have some debris strewn about but am endeavoring to get it under control, I'd add to the pile and spread it out as wide as I can.

But what if they came to you first and made an observation? It's not always about debris but some do NOT take care of their yard and that affects neighbours - why should neighbours have to deal with it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I wonder how many of the complaints about unsightly premises were due to the extremely wet spring we had this year.

Few I would assume - not everyone was affected by the wet spring.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:But what if they came to you first and made an observation?

The OP did not mention such talkes.
Only bylaw being called.
Mighty neighbourly....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dirtybiker wrote:The OP did not mention such talkes.
Only bylaw being called.
Mighty neighbourly....

Right - hoping the neighbourly thing was done. Over the decades I can count on two fingers how many times we've had to discuss anything that was a negative with neighbours. Wait, maybe one time, hmmm....after a discussion there wasn't an issue after all - resolved!! Except for the renters who didn't give a rat's a......... and after that it was game on. Forget bylaw if there's another option. :)

And don't get me wrong as we've had renters in the area that were real peaches.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:........ and after that it was game on.

A nice fence line monument to Vlad The Impaler...just call it a Historical Themed Art Project.. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Our fence line has changed over the years...no spikes yet.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

We were attempting to clean out our garage, had most of it ready, called a disposal bin company

When I read this I thought, you have so much debris you need a disposal bin. Lets consider this before anyone suggests maybe the neighbor over reacted.

Not sure what you had for debris, although if you need a bin to remove it all there is more then three to four garbage cans. Now I don't live on snob hill, I live in Glenmore which is a blue color neighborhood middle class where most all people have families and work.

If my neighbor had a mound of trash on his driveway, and it was there for weeks, I think I might also consider making a call. Leaving trash is only inviting critters, and it is then in my opinion a unsightly property.

You don't have a photo by chance. I'd love to see it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Debris of any kind gives the rats a great place to hide.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Bman wrote:If my neighbors called bylaw on me coz I have some debris strewn about but am endeavoring to get it under control, I'd add to the pile and spread it out as wide as I can.

Those frozen rolled up Pampers...handy dandy for igloo construction. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “North Okanagan”