Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Postby buttreyphillips » Feb 23rd, 2018, 4:28 pm

If anyone has the kijiji ad for this woman who is selling sick puppies out of a dirty van can you copy & paste here. Lets track her down.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... being-sold

Bigjohn69 likes this post.
Liked in: 2 posts

Sick dogs being sold

Postby coriaselton » Feb 23rd, 2018, 4:39 pm

The simple act of getting a poorly bred puppy from a puppy mill or an unethical backyard breeder can come at a big price, and it’s not just financial. Breeding solely for profit or fun without regard for health and sound temperament, or new home, is destructive to the breeds. Dogs are a big part of our lives, and we are allowing breeders to breed our best friends to death. We must call on our elected officials to ban puppy mills and hold irresponsible breeders and owners accountable. We need to be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. Educate yourself. In this digital age, is there any excuse for ignorance?
Last edited by coriaselton on Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
Liked in: 6 posts

Re: Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Postby Ken7 » Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:54 pm

Sadly I do not believe there is anything that keeps breeders in check. Being a member of the Canadian Kennel Club is just a cash purchase. They I believe register your couple but as far as having them Vet checked It is not done.

There is no real way other then attending to the home of kennel where they are breed and sold. Some will be willing to show you their facility, many backyard breeders will not.

I knew a breeder who had a litter in five different rooms with Momma. She was very clean living in a upscale home but still what I would say was a backyards breeder. She at least was close to her vet.
Liked in: 2298 posts

Re: Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Postby JC2017 » Feb 26th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Thank you to those trying to help find these ppl and hold them accountable.

I really hope the public will do their due diligence and stop supporting ppl trying to make cheap money at the cost of animals lives. The following are some questions that should be asked when purchasing a dog that is not from rescue sources.

Can I see the sire and dam’s health clearances? Be sure to get all documentation, not take their word for it!!!!!!

Can I see where the puppies are being housed? Use common sense.

What were your goals for this litter?

Is the dam current on her vaccines? If not, she can pass disease to her pups.

At what age will the puppies be ready to go home? 12 weeks is best.

What kind of guarantee do you offer?

Google is a great place to start to help you find a reputable breeder. Do your homework.

And expect that you will be quizzed. Someone too eager to place a pup should be a red flag.

Please stop supporting bad breeders.

2 people like this post.
Liked in: 6 posts

Return to North Okanagan