Who has Shadow the cat?

Who has Shadow the cat?

Postby dle » Mar 5th, 2018, 5:14 pm

This is so sad! This texter is being simply cruel and mean - if they have the cat, let the people come and get him, if they know something about its whereabouts they need to tell them and quit acting so stupid. This isn't a prank - it's just malicious....

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220324

3 people like this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1561 posts

Re: Who has Shadow the cat?

Postby Hassel99 » Mar 5th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.

5 people like this post.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3054 posts

Postby Even Steven » Mar 5th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Hassel99 wrote:Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.

You'd need a warrant from a judge to pull cell phone records. For a warrant to be issued, there should be a clear evidence of a crime being committed. I suspect this is nowhere near a crime threshold. Somebody is just being nasty.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2096 posts

Postby one wheel » Mar 6th, 2018, 12:18 am

I do hope Shadow gets home soon, he sounds like a very loved & cared about family member. The RCMP should check out the cell phone owner because this is very malicious thing to do.

2 people like this post.
one wheel
Fledgling

Liked in: 200 posts

Postby dle » Mar 6th, 2018, 6:05 am

Even Steven wrote:
Hassel99 wrote:Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.

You'd need a warrant from a judge to pull cell phone records. For a warrant to be issued, there should be a clear evidence of a crime being committed. I suspect this is nowhere near a crime threshold. Somebody is just being nasty.

Is there a reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.
dle
Übergod

Postby Even Steven » Mar 6th, 2018, 10:08 am

reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.

Not for cell phones. For landlines it's possible that address is publicly available but cell phones is a different story.

Like I said there's no clear evidence that the person does have their cat. They could have grabbed the phone number from lost cat poster and are having cruel fun.

2 people like this post.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2096 posts

Postby dle » Mar 6th, 2018, 10:32 am

Even Steven wrote:
reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.

Not for cell phones. For landlines it's possible that address is publicly available but cell phones is a different story.

Like I said there's no clear evidence that the person does have their cat. They could have grabbed the phone number from lost cat poster and are having cruel fun.

Cruel being the operative word......might be a good plan to put a land line number on things like that, not cell numbers....
dle
Übergod

Return to North Okanagan