Who has Shadow the cat?

dle
Lord of the Board

Who has Shadow the cat?

Post by dle »

This is so sad! This texter is being simply cruel and mean - if they have the cat, let the people come and get him, if they know something about its whereabouts they need to tell them and quit acting so stupid. This isn't a prank - it's just malicious....

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220324
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Who has Shadow the cat?

Post by Hassel99 »

Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Hassel99 wrote:Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.

You'd need a warrant from a judge to pull cell phone records. For a warrant to be issued, there should be a clear evidence of a crime being committed. I suspect this is nowhere near a crime threshold. Somebody is just being nasty.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I do hope Shadow gets home soon, he sounds like a very loved & cared about family member. The RCMP should check out the cell phone owner because this is very malicious thing to do.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Even Steven wrote:
Hassel99 wrote:Just read the article, Next call would be the RCMP to pull the registered address for the cell phone and then time to knock on the door.

You'd need a warrant from a judge to pull cell phone records. For a warrant to be issued, there should be a clear evidence of a crime being committed. I suspect this is nowhere near a crime threshold. Somebody is just being nasty.

Is there a reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.

Not for cell phones. For landlines it's possible that address is publicly available but cell phones is a different story.

Like I said there's no clear evidence that the person does have their cat. They could have grabbed the phone number from lost cat poster and are having cruel fun.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Even Steven wrote:
reverse directory or something of that sort to get the address like you can use for land line numbers? It seems a little harrassing to me - maybe the cops could investigate based on that.

Not for cell phones. For landlines it's possible that address is publicly available but cell phones is a different story.

Like I said there's no clear evidence that the person does have their cat. They could have grabbed the phone number from lost cat poster and are having cruel fun.

Cruel being the operative word......might be a good plan to put a land line number on things like that, not cell numbers....

Return to “North Okanagan”