Auto thefts...

my5cents
Guru

Re: Auto thefts...

Post by my5cents »

dontrump wrote:come on people these ridiculous long copy and paste elaborated posts proving wrong a single poster are simply not necessary

:130: :biggrin:

OK, how about I send each post to you for approval, would that work for you ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

short and sweet.....have checked into this further ....all you guys who said it was "covered" by comprehensive ARE correct. What was not covered (if I have it right this time) was the deductible - so that is what we had to pay out of pocket. Paying a deductible is not unusual when filing a claim for insurance as we all know. So what confused me was that if it had been a windshield, we wouldn't have had to pay anything out of pocket including the deductible. Our comprehensive is: Windshield = covered & free (no deductible to pay), other glass = covered, but not free (must pay deductible as cost out of pocket).

I apologize for not getting my facts straight! If they are not straight this time, well, there's always wine....

EDIT:

I am editing myself again here - if you are just getting a windshield repair (like a chip), there is no deductible to pay apparently. If the windshield has to be replaced you pay a deductible. I did not get info that the deductible would be reduced to $200 though but if that is correct that's good!
Last edited by dle on Aug 27th, 2018, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

dle wrote:short and sweet.....have checked into this further ....all you guys who said it was "covered" by comprehensive ARE correct. What was not covered (if I have it right this time) was the deductible - so that is what we had to pay out of pocket. Paying a deductible is not unusual when filing a claim for insurance as we all know. So what confused me was that if it had been a windshield, we wouldn't have had to pay anything out of pocket including the deductible. Our comprehensive is: Windshield = covered & free (no deductible to pay), other glass = covered, but not free (must pay deductible as cost out of pocket).

I apologize for not getting my facts straight! If they are not straight this time, well, there's always wine....

Now that makes sense, good of you to straighten it out. (so does the wine :D )

Many people think "Why should I pay a deductible ? I didn't break my {fill in the blank}.

Obviously your comprehensive insurance wasn't with ICBC, since they do charge a deductible for all comprehensive claims, they just lower it to $200 if you have $300 deductible if it's a windshield. If you have $500 they don't lower it you pay $500.

Even if you house burns down, or your BBQ is stolen, most homeowner insurance companies charge a deductible.

Now comprehensive claims don't affect your insurance by raising it if you have a claim BUT (oh yes, always a but) if you have what ICBC deems too many comprehensive claims of a certain type for your area, they will raise your deductible.

For example if you have over a certain number of windshield claims (I don't know the number per period) in an area that isn't inundated with snow (thus gravel on the roads) they raise your deductible for, I think a 5 year period. That same number of claims in the Kootenays wouldn't result in the deductible increase.

Private insurance, if they didn't like the number of claims you had, they'd just stop selling you insurance.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “North Okanagan”