Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Post by Gixxer »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/24 ... of-respect

I remember this woman way back before she became a homeless drug addict. She worked at Subway in the Fruit Union Plaza.

Here's the problem with the homeless drug addicts. They blame society and make excuses for their problems in life. Not once will you hear them say. I use to party I dabbled in drugs and I got caught by addiction.

Her excuse of there's no payphones to call for help. Vernon has great resources for mental health issues and addictions. Its just a matter of walking through the door and asking for it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Post by GordonH »

That old saying comes true here: "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

You can lead a addict to recovery but you can't make them clean up there life.
That is something they must want to do themselves. When they want to do that, then change happens
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing
TomBits

Post by TomBits »

Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

TomBits wrote:Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues

Actually they use the drugs to self medicate, which does not help their illness.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

There. Fixed it up for ya. Even the punctuation.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

TomBits wrote:Maybe if they didnt do so many drugs they wouldnt have mental issues

That’s really not how this works, but that’s for trying (I guess)
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Actually if you ever talk to them they'll easily admit to their addictions. What a concept eh? Talking.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dontrump wrote:unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing

Do you know her personally? If you do not, how did you arrive at that conclusion?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Ken7 wrote:
dontrump wrote:unfortunately she has more mental issues than any other thing

Do you know her personally? If you do not, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

LOL you know I gues iam just that smart I supose LOL
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

bob vernon wrote:Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

Well , I can only speak from personal experience. My Son was a smart , happy , kid who was a joy to be around. Then he started doing party drugs with his friends. 4 years later , he was a space cadet . You couldn't even have a conversation with him , even when he was not stoned. He's not doing the hard drugs anymore. While he's not totally out to lunch now , he's definitely not the same person that he used to be. The brain damage done by cocaine and ecstasy was devastating and is permanent. Kid is 29 , and has absolutely no future.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

gordon_as wrote:
bob vernon wrote:Maybe if they didn't have mental health issues they wouldn't do so many drugs.

Well , I can only speak from personal experience. My Son was a smart , happy , kid who was a joy to be around. Then he started doing party drugs with his friends. 4 years later , he was a space cadet . You couldn't even have a conversation with him , even when he was not stoned. He's not doing the hard drugs anymore. While he's not totally out to lunch now , he's definitely not the same person that he used to be. The brain damage done by cocaine and ecstasy was devastating and is permanent. Kid is 29 , and has absolutely no future.

Maybe he was already weak ? Just suggesting it. Most kids in Kelowna do piles of blow and E. Most are just fine. Even myself. Smoked crack daily for years. Not really that damaged.

Do you think maybe the drugs are worse now ? Or is it something else. Like a pre existing condition.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

no Jflem..people who are hard drug users and hard drinkers aren't just fine when they get older...even when they stop decades later and completely change their lifestyles..

I know plenty of ex crack smokers (who did it in their 20's) who are now in their mid 50's+ who now have COPD (just remember what exactly you were inhaling) and also have heart conditions and/or damage..

some users don't see the effects until they get older...but trust me, you play with that crap even for a short period of time your body/mind/soul will have damage...

hence Gordon_as seeing it himself with his own son...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mental illnesses lead to drug consumption, not the other way around.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Even Steven wrote:

Mental illnesses lead to drug consumption, not the other way around.

I'm going to add to that Even Steven: emotional pain. The black hole in the soul that can not be filled with material goods, that only the proper family love and structure could have provided. I have met many who were just so neglected that drug and alcohol consumption was the only relief from the emotional pain of just living with terrible memories and neglect.

So yes, mental illness but also emotional pain. For those out there who have had great families, no or few issues, I assure you, you have no idea.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”