Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Drug Addicts with their Excuses.

Post by the truth »

people would be shocked to find out about the truth if they knew who is living in these new buildings going up all over town runned by bc housing and john howard.............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I think it would be good to shock Kelowna residents with the truth. Let them know how much money is spent each day in our city & then see if they think we are getting value like they think they do ?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Well then tell us the truth. Shock the bejabbers out of us. C'mon. If you have some news, let us all know. Just who is living in the public housing? Justin? Horgan? Pearce? Horgan and Pearce sharing an apartment? Or is this just some innuendo? Shock us.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Exactly Bob Vernon, some people want to kick them when they're out in the open, shopping carts, sleeping, dirty, tired, scared, needing a bathroom where everything says, "customer only."

And then, kick them when they have a roof over their heads, access to heat, cleanliness, bathrooms and having stability to get their lives together. The "truth" is that not every avoided drugs, emotional black holes in their lives or being abused. Why do some rise above and become successful, at least on the outside, like me? And some do not.

Why do drug addicts need shelter some ask, just leave them to exposure and further abuse and neglect outside. Right? So they can be visibily kicked down, metaphorically speaking.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Exactly Bob Vernon, some people want to kick them when they're out in the open, shopping carts, sleeping, dirty, tired, scared, needing a bathroom where everything says, "customer only."

And then, kick them when they have a roof over their heads, access to heat, cleanliness, bathrooms and having stability to get their lives together. The "truth" is that not every avoided drugs, emotional black holes in their lives or being abused. Why do some rise above and become successful, at least on the outside, like me? And some do not.

Why do drug addicts need shelter some ask, just leave them to exposure and further abuse and neglect outside. Right? So they can be visibily kicked down, metaphorically speaking.

Well. In my own case. Becoming homeless. Was huge game changer. I knew it had gone on way too long. I was ready to admit i was wrong. I think people are suggesting hitting rock bottom is not such a bad thing. Saved my life

I suspect Truth has been in somw trenches. Seen enough to know he does not want his kids to become adicts. Be pretty tall task to raise good kids in a slime hole like Kelowna.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The energy spent arguing about this is immense. What a messed up province we live in. Scary times
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How old were you when you became homeless JFlem?

Kelowna being a slime hole is a mindset though. How do people navigate Kelowna without getting bogged down by the wrong culture in Kelowna? By choosing to make better choices. Lots going on here that has nothing to do with having to brush shoulders with the "slime hole" of the dark side of Kelowna, which by the way, is everywhere.
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 17th, 2018, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:How old were you when you became homeless JFlem?

21 ish.

W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Jflem, why don't you hit the streets then and share your wisdom on getting clean with other addicts instead of constantly judging them ??

curious though as how you can say you're sober when you apparently like hitting the bars for drinks ?? all recovered addicts I know are 100% clean and sober..they don't touch anything that can get them high in any way...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

W105 wrote:Jflem, why don't you hit the streets then and share your wisdom on getting clean with other addicts instead of constantly judging them ??

curious though as how you can say you're sober when you apparently like hitting the bars for drinks ?? all recovered addicts I know are 100% clean and sober..they don't touch anything that can get them high in any way...

Who said i was sober. Just not a junked out skid

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Queen K wrote:How old were you when you became homeless JFlem?

21 ish.

The first day, when you had that "nowhere to go" feeling, I can even imagine JFlem.

Which is quite different from when I was "homeless" at age 21, with a backpack travelling through Europe, hitchhiking most of it.
I did sleep under a huge truck in England one night, and outdoors in France another when I couldn't get to a hostel in time.
I was low on funds, had a plane ticket back to Canada in my belt and was determined to make it til that date.

And W105, who the hell said JFlem can't go to bars, it's a normal social thing to do. Maybe he's got a different formula for making it through life from those you know.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Exactly Bob Vernon, some people want to kick them when they're out in the open, shopping carts, sleeping, dirty, tired, scared, needing a bathroom where everything says, "customer only."

Well. In my own case. Becoming homeless. Was huge game changer. I knew it had gone on way too long. I was ready to admit i was wrong. I think people are suggesting hitting rock bottom is not such a bad thing. Saved my life

I suspect Truth has been in somw trenches. Seen enough to know he does not want his kids to become adicts. Be pretty tall task to raise good kids in a slime hole like Kelowna.

put it this way i grew up low income, moved alot as a child and had no father after the age of 10, plus lots of other things that have gone wrong in my life that i will keep to myself so in this day and age i have every excuse in the book to be a full blown junkie by now for many reasons, i have never been given nothing for free ,-like so many people seem to want for free these days , i have been working full time since i was 16 years old, i can go on and on about my life....everyone or almost everyone can find a reason or reasons as to why they could of gone down the drug road..

i have had it up to here with , this happened to me so that is why i am a junkie now , if people want to be junkies fill your boots but do not expect a free ride because of it... millions of people have a reason also to go down the drug route and have not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

every single recovered addict I know do not put down other addicts..in fact since they know exactly what it's like they know the incredible hell they are living and wouldn't wish that on anybody..

go to an AA or NA meeting and call a newcomer a skid and see how well that will work out for you...

and good to see that you don't like being judged about going to a bar to go drinking Jflem..it sucks when others judge you , isn't it ??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Truthy, incuding me. I could have been one, easy. I had a very difficult time in life and could have easily have been.

I believe though truthy, although we agree on a great many things, the problem with what becomes of street people is where we greatly divide. That the housing is free that gets you? I'm okay with it being free or subsidized. That's where we differ.

I do believe in public housing having a great positive impact on lives. Including those who have housing. Like yourself, I had to fight for every scrap, no one provided for me, or with me, or beside me, or. I've had to be a woman with no one and had many challenges to the problem of addicts. My alcoholic dad was #1. Later, My second cousin cleaned out his mother's savings due to drugs. I know a grandma who can't answer a phone without wondering if her grandson is still dead or alive and begging for more money. I had an ex boyfriend who's son oded in ON and only knew once the ambulance bill arrived here in BC! He related his sons downturn due to drug addiction in the saddest and most helpless terms, nothing they did, nowhere they sent him to - helped in anyway.

I could go on and on.
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 17th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

W105 wrote:every single recovered addict I know do not put down other addicts..in fact since they know exactly what it's like they know the incredible hell they are living and wouldn't wish that on anybody..

go to an AA or NA meeting and call a newcomer a skid and see how well that will work out for you...

and good to see that you don't like being judged about going to a bar to go drinking Jflem..it sucks when others judge you , isn't it ??

Im honest about my life. I put it out there. Go ahead. Judge

Return to “Social Concerns”