Vernon: Best Chinese buffet?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Vernon: Best Chinese buffet?

Post by Glacier »

You're invited, just don't show up in your thong.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh, please don't pander to Bpeep's play for tea and sympathy. Hand delivered filigreed invitation returned to moi with

"Sorry, cannot attend. Tuesday is hair bleach day"

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I thought someone said in an earlier post that Royal Garden is closed until Nov 8th? Or did I read that wrong?
Here it is:
BCGrrrrl wrote:My favorite buffet is the Royal Gardens for sure. Problem is,,, went there a couple of days ago and the place is closed! NOT forever, just until Nov.8, whew!
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I totally for forgot about Kiki, its pretty good as well. The only buffet in town I don't care for is City Wok on Main Street.

Thanks for the invite Queen, but I'm out of town, but have fun for all who go though :130:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:
Hassel99 wrote:Not buffet, but my family really enjoys Temptasian

Kiki it is!

Royal Garden it is!

You wanna be there? 11:30? Do we look for a cartoon character coming through the door?

OOOHHHHHHHHHH GAWWDDDD
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Kiki is Closed today.
Royal Garden is closed til November 8th.

So, new buffet place is.....................

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/da-poke-bowl-vernon

And I had to do this quickly, so please make it.

And they open at 12 pm. So, a half hour adjustment for everyone should be okay.

12 pm, da Poke Bowl.

(Bpeep, I know you are howling with laughter right now and ya know, we can pick you up and take you with us).
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

12 PM, today. Balloon at the table

da Poke Bowl.

Catsumi, could you please make reservations if they are answering their phones at all before 12 pm?

GenesisGT and lovely Mrs.
Merry and Mr. M
Catsumi
Me and Mr. QK
Loki, I hope this is good for you. :up:
Glacier, lunch at da Poke Bowl? Somewhere new to you? :up:

Okkayak can't make it over the class five rapids to da Poke Bowl, another time? :135:

A visit to the art gallery has been included, Vertigo Gallery after lunch!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Queen K wrote:12 PM, today. Balloon at the table

da Poke Bowl.

Catsumi, could you please make reservations if they are answering their phones at all before 12 pm?

GenesisGT and lovely Mrs.
Merry and Mr. M
Catsumi
Me and Mr. QK
Loki, I hope this is good for you. :up:
Glacier, lunch at da Poke Bowl? Somewhere new to you? :up:

Okkayak can't make it over the class five rapids to da Poke Bowl, another time? :135:

A visit to the art gallery has been included, Vertigo Gallery after lunch!

Phewww!! You and your group are going to be starving. This decision making is tough work. Would suggest after you do the Hokey Poke - y .. you and your group head south Queenie and experience what has to be the best smorg in the valley. It's the newly renovated and under new ownership China Palace in Penticton. Have been twice and the smorg is amazing. Staff are amazing … atmosphere is clean, bright and clean. Did I mention clean? You go girl .. and go south not north. Your tummy will love you for it. :D
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Southy, that is the next castanet get together we will do. Will you organize it please?

And Glacier, don't do that! We have to settle on what is best for all and da Poke Bowl allows people to fill up as they please.

East Indian food is delicious agreed, but we have to think that there may be those who can't eat the stronger spices.

Mr. QK and I will meet you and Mrs. G at that place some day? Drag along 10 other people who signed up for it?
How does that sound?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Never been there, nor heard of it. I've been to the other Japanese buffet a few times, but cool, looks good. Well, maybe Poke is not really Japanese. But from the reviews this place isn't that great.

This place is way better: http://www.kawakubo-vernon.com/

Edit: I'm willing to try any place at least once. Twice if it doesn't kill me, so Poke looks good.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I read good reviews on it.

Our first two choices are closed.
We are looking for a place which serves multiple different tastes and buffets do that.

And it's going to be more about the people I think this time because our first places are closed.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 6th, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

southy wrote:Phewww!! You and your group are going to be starving. This decision making is tough work. Would suggest after you do the Hokey Poke - y .. you and your group head south Queenie and experience what has to be the best smorg in the valley. It's the newly renovated and under new ownership China Palace in Penticton. Have been twice and the smorg is amazing. Staff are amazing … atmosphere is clean, bright and clean. Did I mention clean? You go girl .. and go south not north. Your tummy will love you for it. :D

Southy, even south okanaganers could be there, is it too late for you?

And yes, we do have to get South again, we love driving down there.

So the next castanet get together, which this venture wasn't meant to be, it just organically grew that way on its own, will be in Penticton!

Yeeehawww, Southy, gather up all the posters you know down there and get it going for sometime late November!
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Da poke bowl is really good but not Chinese or sushi buffet. I hope it stays open but I'm worried Vernon won't support it. I agree kiki gardens best Chinese buffet.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”