Ashtray optional

Fire-related topics

Re: Ashtray optional

Postby davis123 » Jul 22nd, 2015, 1:48 pm

mexicalidreamer wrote:Why can't smokers just butt their smokes on the floor board of their car the way they do on the street or sidewalk or driveway or pine needle plastered forest floor?

That would work, wouldn't it?

TIC people, TIC. Relax Diesel.

hmm maybe the idiots who throw butts out the window already do what you suggested because they are idiots after-all, as for the responsible smokers they use an ashtray of some sort.
Are you implying that if you smoked you would butt it out on the floor board of your car or in a pine needle plastered forest floor, that would be a pretty moronic thing to do.
davis123
Board Meister

Liked in: 542 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jul 22nd, 2015, 3:45 pm

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 23rd, 2015, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3916 posts

Postby Rellic » Jul 22nd, 2015, 5:23 pm

Out in My carport this morning I watched an elderly Lady in a blue mini van pull to a stop, across from our driveway, open her door, toss a butt on the road and leg out stomp twist it out. Good on Her until I stepped out and asked Her if She was going to leave that there? Whola *bleep* I might be embarrassed of Her totally abusive reply directed to what business it was of Mine. Sometimes I wounder about available vocabulary when someone is caught.
Rellic

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby davis123 » Jul 23rd, 2015, 5:37 am

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 23rd, 2015, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
davis123
Board Meister

Liked in: 542 posts

Postby waynetyea » Aug 16th, 2015, 11:21 am

some fools dont understand when the ashtray is full then thats when they throw all their buts out the window so they dont get their fingers all dirty putting it out in a full ashtray. just look at how many of them are doing it. after all there are fires all over the area costing hundreds of millions of dollars to fight. and i am a smoker
waynetyea
Fledgling

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby V-Rated » Aug 16th, 2015, 1:01 pm

When I smoked I always had a water bottle in the car with a lid... that way butts were put out and no stale ashtray smell. My car never smelled with cigarette smoke unless I used an ashtray. The bottle kept the smell contained.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Star Light likes this post.
V-Rated
Guru

Liked in: 655 posts

Postby Wally » Aug 16th, 2015, 2:14 pm

V-Rated wrote:When I smoked I always had a water bottle in the car with a lid... that way butts were put out and no stale ashtray smell. My car never smelled with cigarette smoke unless I used an ashtray. The bottle kept the smell contained.
~V~

I've been doing that for years. My trucks ashtray holds parking money.
Going today, hear tommorow
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby GordonH » Aug 16th, 2015, 2:43 pm

If a smokers vehicle does not have an ashtray, simple solution there appears to be huge supply of dollar stores in the area. Just go out and buy 1. Wow… pretty damn easy was that.

I don't give damn if anyone smokes, just don't throw butt's out of the window.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

3 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8429 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Previous

Return to Fire Watch 2015