Lord of the Board

Re: Make a smoke filter.

Post by LTD »

you guys must have leaky homes my place has no smoke smell inside
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I closed all of the windows and put my air purifier on this morning before I left for work. I hope that'll make things a bit cleaner feeling when in get home.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Voice said;
if a fan was meant to have a filter on it it would come with one

Reminds me of my great grandmothers saying,
"If people were meant to smoke god would have put chimneys on them."

May we ask voice his/her opinion of
Motors added to bicycles,
clothes on people,
trailers behind cars,
cooked food,
overshoes,
spectacles
condoms

Voice do you understand this kind of stuff?
To calculate the hot winding temperature for an un-encapsulated, open dripproof medium motor with a Class F winding, 1.0 SF, lead-to-lead resistance of 1.21 ohms at an ambient temperature of 20 C, and hot resistance of 1.71 ohms, proceed as follows:The temperature rise equals the hot winding temperature minus the ambient temperature, or in this case:

Temperature rise = 125 C - 20 C = 105 C

As Table 1 shows the calculated temperature rise of 105 C in this example equals the limit for a Class F insulation system (105 C). Although that is acceptable,
We're lost but we're making good time.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Smoke is particles and filters trap particles, so of course the OP's idea works. Turning your hvac fan on also works.

Frankly, I've found vodka works better.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Now that I have had my second screw driver, I will note
Daughter says she went out and bought a charcoal furnace filter to tape onto the box fan, says no smoke & no smell, and has the fan running in the living room
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Great idea - thanks for the tip.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Fancy
The Pilgrim

Holy lightnin, that was your 35,000th post!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:We are in OP Mall today and there is even a smokey haze inside the mall. Not even their commercial HVAC can keep up.

hard to keep the smoke out if the mall doors open and close ever 15 seconds to let someone in or out of the mall
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Well my A/C has just packed up and its cool enough to open some windows BUT then again maybe not a good idea. It's going to be a sticky night i think
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

the truth wrote:hard to keep the smoke out if the mall doors open and close ever 15 seconds to let someone in or out of the mall

The mall entrances all have two sets of doors, I think that would reduce that problem.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Just an observation.......
Saturday night I washed my car on the lawn....my watering day and I used a bucket and rinsed it........little water used and on the lawn so please no hassles here.

The point was on Sunday morning my clean dark car was covered in visible white ash particles. They may not be obvious when outside to the human eye, you only smell the smoke.......but I can certainly understand the breathing problems and warnings. After seeing the actual particulate so clearly, I'm staying inside with cool mist humidifiers and fans to keep the inside air "moving".
A few drops of peppermint oil in humidifiers also seems to help breathing.

In passing they say 10 is a bad reading.............at 6:30 this morning they stated it was 16. Don't be fooled by that seeming clearing and touch of blue sky.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

the truth wrote:
hard to keep the smoke out if the mall doors open and close ever 15 seconds to let someone in or out of the mall

It likely entered through the economizers the night before.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
trustyjack

Post by trustyjack »

I Think wrote:...pick up a furnace filter, duct tape it to a box fan so the air blows or sucks through it...

Thanks for the tip. Made us realize we could also run the furnace air blower to "clean" the inside air and worked great - basically the same idea already in place. Cheers.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”