Penticton Yamaha and Marine

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Penticton Yamaha and Marine

Post by Anonymous123 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/207119/City-cuts-ties-with-Trio

Now how about apologizing to the Attrills and offering them first right of refusal on their original location of Penticton Yamaha and Marine.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/207119/City-cuts-ties-with-Trio

Now how about apologizing to the Attrills and offering them first right of refusal on their original location of Penticton Yamaha and Marine.

A bit late; the Attrills no longer hold the Yamaha dealership here, though they could start up a new Marina I suppose. I think though, that the snow mobile and quad sales/service helped them over the leaner Winter months here. Council wants folks to forget about this by the next Election. Good luck on that.

Note: there is another possible fight brewing at the Oxbow RV property I believe. I didn't realize that was City owned property and only leased to the RV folks.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:[

Note: there is another possible fight brewing at the Oxbow RV property I believe. I didn't realize that was City owned property and only leased to the RV folks.

That is a completely different storyline......it is not parkland. It is City owned land being leased for the use as a campground. Someone has come forward and offered the City some money to purchase it. If the campground wants to stay, if their business makes enough, then they should match the offer and buy it. Anything short of that is taxpayers subsidizing this campground.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:
pentona wrote:[

That is a completely different storyline......it is not parkland. It is City owned land being leased for the use as a campground. Someone has come forward and offered the City some money to purchase it. If the campground wants to stay, if their business makes enough, then they should match the offer and buy it. Anything short of that is taxpayers subsidizing this campground.

You have a semi-valid point, twobits. If it is not parkland then the city doesn't have to ask for any public input. They can sell it, lease it or do whatever. It would be sad, however to lose yet another campground inside city limits. The Riverside RV park is also going bye bye at the end of this year. Higher useage for the land but one less spot for RV tourists to stay.

:topic:
The Yamaha and Marine issue is interesting. Perhaps the city should sell off the building/parking lot and let someone build a high end hotel and Marina. As long as they don't touch the actual parkland, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

The Yamaha and Marine issue is interesting. Perhaps the city should sell off the building/parking lot and let someone build a high end hotel and Marina. As long as they don't touch the actual parkland, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

:200: SERIOUSLY?? It's too close to a riparian area for a large development like that, unless you are a developer - all they see are $$$$
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

my10cents wrote:
:200: SERIOUSLY?? It's too close to a riparian area for a large development like that, unless you are a developer - all they see are $$$$

Yup, and that City storm sewer settling pond right there by the ball diamond with all the oil runoff from the roads gets a pass for riparian area. Go figger.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”