Re: Shooting spots up Carmi

Postby logman » Oct 15th, 2015, 9:38 pm

And just how am I a hypocrite?
logman
Übergod

Liked in: 289 posts

Postby logman » Oct 15th, 2015, 9:46 pm

I have not shot numerous rounds at nothing but garbage and left hundreds of plastic shells to decompose,,Nor have I gutted an animal and left its guts and skin within .5 km of peoples homes.
logman
Übergod

Postby ToddT » Oct 16th, 2015, 8:23 am

Well your general view of hunting/hunters seems pretty negative despite the fact that you are likely an omnivore.
ToddT
Übergod

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby ToddT » Oct 16th, 2015, 8:23 am

Also you are stereotyping a lot of people.
ToddT
Übergod

Postby logman » Oct 16th, 2015, 5:10 pm

The thousands of empty shell casings are from a few bad apples I guess. Meanwhile,valley wide this seems to be the trend. Gut bags,spent shells,and garbage used for targets. Oh well, as long as everyone has fun. Don't bother to clean up after you are done using public land. Someone else will do it for you.
logman
Übergod

Postby ToddT » Oct 18th, 2015, 10:48 am

Other will do it, that's the problem. I pick up shell casings that don't belong to me all of the time. I would choose a smaller brush next time you paint a picture.

Rwede likes this post.
ToddT
Übergod

Postby JBX » Oct 19th, 2015, 2:27 am

Anti gunners are so blind by irrational hate they are not even worth listening too. Just sadly observing how narrow minded people can become.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JBX
Fledgling

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby Madhue » Oct 20th, 2015, 6:36 am

ToddT wrote:Hey wondering if anyone here knows of any good shooting spots around Penticton? I know of a few but if there is a spot that has 100-200 yards of flat ground with a backdrop that would be perfect. There has to be something!

Honestly I'd rather shoot at a range. Both penticton and Summerland have 100-200 ranges. I'm a member at both, what I like about Summerland is you have your own key and come and go as you want. If you're getting into long range Osoyoos and Vernon have some great long range venues.

The thing I don't like about just rolling up in the hills and shooting, is the garbage folks leave behind. Makes active shooters look bad. There's lots of benefits to joining a range. Look into it.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 191 posts

Postby Rwede » Oct 21st, 2015, 9:22 am

logman wrote:Another hunting season and another mess in the woods. Shotgun casings and empty shells littered everywhere. Pigs. Up Bartley road last weekend a gut bag and skin dumped In the middle of the road less than a km from local rural homes. Nice. Shooters and hunters paint a very clear picture of what kind of people they are. Ya ya one bad apple. Seems like the whole crop is *bleep*.

The mess of casings you're bitching about was not left behind by hunters.

The animal entrails will be cleaned up within a day by the ravens and coyotes who are doing just what nature intended by scavenging remains.

What did you do with the bag of empty casings you picked up? What, you didn't pick them up? A hunter would have, that's for certain.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

ToddT likes this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5126 posts

Postby logman » Oct 23rd, 2015, 4:25 pm

Nice try Rwede. The gut bag was less than 1/2 km from local homes if you bothered to read. Maybe you would like your family dog or a coyote to drag that to your home. Oh ya. All the hunters pick up casings littering the woods left buy target shooters. Right. Your head is up in the dark alright.
logman
Übergod

Postby ToddT » Oct 23rd, 2015, 6:07 pm

Most times I hunt I don't even fire my gun.
A friend went out one night and did fire a round but forgot his brass. We went out the next day on a 20km hike to get it.

I have 5 gallon pails of shell casings and brass, from every time I go out to sight in my guns.

Are you allowing your dog out on the loose to bring a gut pile home? That's pretty irresponsible.
ToddT
Übergod

Postby twobits » Oct 23rd, 2015, 7:20 pm

ToddT wrote:
Are you allowing your dog out on the loose to bring a gut pile home? That's pretty irresponsible.

Todd, with all due respect, where these gut piles are being discarded, are not in "city folk" neighborhoods. People that live on small acreages, hobby farm type places, small orchard properties yada yada that surround our city have dogs that do not conform to the inner city definition of kenneled, fenced or chained. They however also do not chit in parks, school yards, boulevards, or the neighbors lawns.
These gut bags, and limbs, and heads that I believe are the topic here and the real issue, are city folk hunters bringing their game home to dress out and not wanting to deal with the leftovers in their yard/neighborhood, look for an easy solution. Rather then drive it back into the bush where once it came from for ma nature and the natural cycle of coyote to magpie to take care of, they drive about a km past the last city street light and dump the remains at the first spot out of sight of any home.
Now answer me seriously here. Who is being more irresponsible here? The rural dog owner providing a life every dog should enjoy or the hunter that disposes of the gut bag in a place other than where the animal was taken?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3854 posts

Postby ToddT » Oct 24th, 2015, 9:18 am

Let's be clear and determine if we are talking gut piles or carcasses. I still don't agree with leaving a gut pile in the middle of the road, really in my opinion that should be at least 10 or so metres off the road. With regards to a carcass, if you are going to toss it back in the bush you should take it deep where people aren't going to come into contact with predators.
It's not much of an issue here, but with the glut of grizzly attacks in other parts of the province, hunters are encouraging eachother to mark roads where they find kills etc, just so they are aware of where they are.

With regards to the dogs. I get that rural areas have animals that run around, I was grasping at straws lol. I just don't understand how some people can't see gray.
ToddT
Übergod

Postby twobits » Oct 24th, 2015, 5:06 pm

ToddT wrote:Let's be clear and determine if we are talking gut piles or carcasses. I still don't agree with leaving a gut pile in the middle of the road, really in my opinion that should be at least 10 or so metres off the road. With regards to a carcass, if you are going to toss it back in the bush you should take it deep where people aren't going to come into contact with predators.
It's not much of an issue here, but with the glut of grizzly attacks in other parts of the province, hunters are encouraging eachother to mark roads where they find kills etc, just so they are aware of where they are.

With regards to the dogs. I get that rural areas have animals that run around, I was grasping at straws lol. I just don't understand how some people can't see gray.

We're talking about everything the hunter does not want. Hide to hooves to head. And everything in between. Dumped in any ditch where it can be done quickly and unobserved. Talk to any resident of Spiller Rd, Carmi, or Valleyview. Rufuss will bring home treasures every second day from end of Sept till the snow flies. And to give these hunters the benefit of doubt, I have been watching for Coyotes that pack bone saws but have yet to see one.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3854 posts

Postby logman » Oct 25th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Firing guns at night. Great idea. 20 km hike for one shell casing? Ya right.
logman
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan