Penticton Airport flights

Re: Penticton Airport flights

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 27th, 2015, 11:14 pm

The WestJet flight was cancelled due to weather in YYF - passengers were rebooked on other flights to and from YLW and bused to and from Penticton.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5136 posts

Postby JagXKR » Dec 28th, 2015, 5:55 am

Only flight that got in Sunday was the morning Jazz. Then the weather hit and it was too low for any flight even with the new approach. Since the late flight didn't get in, today's 6am flight is cancelled. Hope the weather lifts a bit as that is a lot of people stuck in YVR, or here trying to get out of this winter wonderland.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1753 posts

Postby nepal » Dec 31st, 2015, 12:22 am

It is not only Penticton and Kelowna that experience the odd weather delays. Toronto and other major airports also experience weather delays. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pearson-airport-weather-delays-spill-into-2nd-day-1.2488383

As a passenger, I'm grateful that safety is made the highest priority. 99% of flights are not delayed, so to me flying is still very much worth the odd delay. With today's technology, it's wonderful that flying schedules are so dependable. Unfortunate that Christmas is the busiest flying period and also often the worst weather period...Still better than driving.

As soon as weather can be perfected, we'll have 100% schedule reliability :-)

Air Canada and Westjet serve Penticton Regional Airport very well and I thank them for that.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 269 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan