New Garbage Bins

Re: New Garbage Bins

Postby Tony » Oct 6th, 2015, 2:36 pm

I've been trying to throw out an old garbage can for months. They just empty and leave it......
Tony
Übergod

Liked in: 425 posts

Postby twobits » Oct 6th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Hassel99 wrote:Why would they pick up the old bins? they are owned by the home owner. You say "deal with" as if it's a problem or even a minor ......hassle

Lordy, my apologies. I have no experience with "owning" the bin. I suppose I incorrectly assumed they were contractor supplied for their trucks to hook and lift. My knowledge of garbage pick up is obviously severely deficient.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3854 posts

Postby XT225 » Oct 6th, 2015, 7:48 pm

I wonder if we will still be allowed to put out all those big bags of yard waste in the future? Mine surely won't fit in one can, no matter if its every other week.
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 705 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Oct 6th, 2015, 9:14 pm

XT225 wrote:I wonder if we will still be allowed to put out all those big bags of yard waste in the future? Mine surely won't fit in one can, no matter if its every other week.

I believe that you will be able to request a larger bin at a nominal fee.
Last edited by Anonymous123 on Oct 10th, 2015, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1681 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 7th, 2015, 6:12 am

XT225 wrote:I wonder if we will still be allowed to put out all those big bags of yard waste in the future? Mine surely won't fit in one can, no matter if its every other week.

Nope,be prepared to make trips to the dump if you have lots of yard waste in the fall. I get 10+ large bags of mulched leaves every year and have to make the trip or just keep them till spring and fill the bin till its all gone. (takes several pick ups to get rid of it all)
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13230 posts

Postby XT225 » Oct 7th, 2015, 7:26 am

Bsuds wrote:
Nope,be prepared to make trips to the dump if you have lots of yard waste in the fall. I get 10+ large bags of mulched leaves every year and have to make the trip or just keep them till spring and fill the bin till its all gone. (takes several pick ups to get rid of it all)

What I find every year is that the city cuts OFF the yard waste pickup weeks before the leaves have actually finished falling. Someone in city hall is asleep at the switch. ps: what if I don't own a truck and can't take them to the dump myself?
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 705 posts

Postby onestop67 » Oct 9th, 2015, 4:25 am

Wow, such a topic about garbage cans.

The new cans will help the collectors.

Nothing else will change. Life will go on.

This topic is about the Penticton area. BSuds and QueenK both live in Kelowna. Go away now, this thread is not relevant to either of you.
onestop67
Guru

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 9th, 2015, 5:50 am

onestop67 wrote:This topic is about the Penticton area. BSuds and QueenK both live in Kelowna. Go away now, this thread is not relevant to either of you.

We are happy to share our endless knowledge on all subjects no matter where it occurs.

To answer XT225 save them for next year or dump them in the street for the City to clean up.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13230 posts

Postby Fancy » Oct 9th, 2015, 7:53 am

I'm waiting for the Okanagan to catch up with other areas that have the little green bin for wet garbage (compost).
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7704 posts

Postby twobits » Oct 9th, 2015, 7:09 pm

Bsuds wrote:
We are happy to share our endless knowledge on all subjects no matter where it occurs.

Thank you so much for sharing your omnipotent knowledge so that Penticton can aspire to the goal of being a City on par with Kelowna. I have one question though. Does that mean we also have to be listed as one of the crime capitals of Canada as well.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Postby Fancy » Oct 9th, 2015, 8:06 pm

twobits wrote:Thank you so much for sharing your omnipotent knowledge so that Penticton can aspire to the goal of being a City on par with Kelowna.
What about the rest of the country? Kelowna still has some catching up to do.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby just popping in » Oct 10th, 2015, 5:44 pm

In Kelowna these bins were introduced in 2009.... all your concerns were echoed here at that time. Change is good, you will adapt.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 556 posts

Postby twobits » Oct 10th, 2015, 8:03 pm

just popping in wrote:In Kelowna these bins were introduced in 2009.... all your concerns were echoed here at that time. Change is good, you will adapt.

And resistance is futile. We will be assimilated into garbage bin conformity and compliance for the benefit of the collective. Little did you all know that those square receptacles in all of our back alleys are actually just the leading edge of the Borg invasion. There is after all, nothing more revealing about ourselves that what we throw in the trash can. Everything from diet preferences to SIN numbers, birth dates, credit card account numbers and banking info.

Fancy likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Postby Fancy » Oct 10th, 2015, 8:18 pm

twobits wrote:There is after all, nothing more revealing about ourselves that what we throw in the trash can. Everything from diet preferences to SIN numbers, birth dates, credit card account numbers and banking info.

But of course that's what a shredder is for...or a firepit.

Bsuds likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Previous

Return to South Okanagan