Bridge / lights to nowhere

Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Bridge / lights to nowhere

Post by Dawnland »

logman wrote:The same "caregivers of the earth" that are logging 60'000 cubic metres of forest this year. It's all about the money for the PIB. They farmed most of the work out to the white man as usual.

Totally off topic. But, compared to what? How much did the Provincial government dole out in timber licenses this year? How much did the crown in all her glory benefit? You're flapping gums about one band and 60,000 meters? Nice try. Timber rights and permits all transparent and not hiding a darn thing about where a cent of that goes thanks to the Transparency Act which the PIB has been an exemplary model for. Um yeah, sorry, not sorry.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Dawnland wrote: I'd be safe in assuming you're a serial killer?

Never Assume...Serial Killer...no...Serial Poster...yes....

you dont have to agree with me.

And like you quote.... "sorry, Not sorry" So I guess we do agree on one thing.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 2nd, 2016, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Disagree? Go ahead.
Make sweeping generalizations based on some Disney song about an entire race of people? It's up to you, but sounds like maybe you should rethink that serial poster thing.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Have you tried to call the PIB "forestry office?" Ever get an answer? What a joke.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

I called there last Wednesday and got an answer.
It was the first and only time I've ever called their office.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I guess it depends on what time of day it is and who you are looking for at PIB.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

logman wrote:I guess it depends on what time of day it is and who you are looking for at PIB.

JAT, have you called the administration office? Maybe their 'office' isn't staffed full-time and the majority of the work is done in the field? Maybe the Administration office has the assigned cell number to provide you?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Dawnland wrote:That's a bit of a stretch. You'd have to be considering that All vehicles are getting stopped there, which obviously they aren't.

No....thousands of vehicles per day is not a stretch. Until there is actually something built on those lands, the intersection that is there is exactly as it was. Traffic moved just fine. Now every time a vehicle shows up to make a left onto the parkway, the bloody highway gets shut down holding up a four lane highway for one car to make a left. That makes perfect sense huh?

BTW, great catch with that new tenant. Ten hectares (22 acres) of land representing 10% of all the available lands for development for a Nissan car dealership. The Superstore property and Cherry Lane both occupy less than half of that footprint. Am so glad taxpayers ponied up 5 Mill for access to a 22 acre car dealership. Hope they have a large used car inventory or maybe they have plans to sublease this land to all other car dealers in town and create a reserve auto mall.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

I will just exercise my right to disagree with you.
I believe that thousands of cars travel that road, I just don't think that thousands get stopped at that particular red light. But, whatever.
Addition: What development would you 'like' to see there?
Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

I just looked up the press release announcing the Nissan lease on these lands. The dealership will be 2 acres in size not 22 acres.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I left a message at the forestry office. It was two weeks for a reply. Pathetic for an urgent issue.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

How 'urgent' could it have been? You waited two weeks?! Why not call someone else if it was so urgent?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Well I for one, am pleased to see something happening there. It's a start. Nothing wrong with letting some of the Band's land work for them. We don't have to look any further than Osoyoos to see the benefits that these sort of ventures can bring for band members.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

It was "urgent" for their gain, not mine. Not my problem.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Giants Head wrote:I just looked up the press release announcing the Nissan lease on these lands. The dealership will be 2 acres in size not 22 acres.

So which press release do we go by?

Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 10:27 am | Updated: 5:00 pm, Mon Jul 25, 2016.
Special to The Herald | 0 comments
Penticton Herald Staff
A car dealership was announced Monday as the first tenant of the Penticton Indian Band’s flagship Satikw Crossing development.
Nissan Penticton is expected to open in mid-2017 on the site at the foot of Green Avenue, which was made accessible last year with the construction of a new five-lane bridge over the Okanagan River channel.
“Signing our first commercial tenant at Satikw Crossing proves that when you build it, they will come,” PIB Chief Jonathan Kruger said in a press release.
“This is the culmination of a 22-year journey to resolve legal, environmental and financial hurdles to build an $8-million bridge to the future that links our economies with the broader region.”
Nissan Penticton expects to create 30 full-time jobs when the dealership opens, plus many more during construction, the groundwork for which is expected to begin within 60 days.
“I’m very honored and excited to work with the Penticton Indian Band and bring this fast moving automotive franchise to the Penticton community,” said owner John Kot, who is still finalizing the lease with Satikw Crossing’s locatee owners.
The dealership is expected to cover about a tenth of the 60-hectare development, interest in which has “steadily increased” since the bridge was completed, according to Kruger.

My bad, 10% of 60 hectares is only 12 acres, not 22. I was a little dyslectic on the keyboard. Was the "tenth of the of the 60 hectare development" misquoted by Chief Kruger as well?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”