Eastside Rd

Eastside Rd

Postby JagXKR » Oct 16th, 2015, 11:34 pm

Something big has happened on Eastside Rd south of Penticton. Looks like about half way down the Skaha Lake or less. Many many police cars, ambulance, fire truck. If you are planning that road tonight I would change those plans. Whatever it is they were all in a hurry.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1754 posts

Re: Eastside Rd

Postby twobits » Oct 17th, 2015, 6:35 pm

JagXKR wrote:Something big has happened on Eastside Rd south of Penticton. Looks like about half way down the Skaha Lake or less. Many many police cars, ambulance, fire truck. If you are planning that road tonight I would change those plans. Whatever it is they were all in a hurry.

Yup....a 17 yo rolled dads truck and put it in the Lake. Fortunately no serious injuries. Impaired charges likely.

Dad is down one truck as ICBC won't cover. Hope dad is not a redneck that takes hide.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3855 posts

Postby JagXKR » Oct 17th, 2015, 8:16 pm

I hate that road at night. I've had many close calls during the day but at night I've seen truly scary scenarios. I thank my father for teaching me to drive at a very very early age and all the defensive techniques in his playbook. In the last 2 years there have been 3 occasions where I might not have made it home without that knowledge.
Plain and simple it is a dangerous road where many drivers are not paying attention or worse. This one recent scenario is one I'm glad I was not near when it happened. Amazing how the drunk seem to come out unscathed or injured to a lesser degree.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1754 posts

Eastside Rd

Postby Rosemary1 » Oct 21st, 2015, 9:48 pm

Beautiful scenic road to drive road but too many drivers going to fast who do not stay in their lane. Two recent big accidents in a two week period. Maybe cyclists should be banned. They are another hazard There is no room to negotiate, too many blind curves, no cycling lane. Too many cyclist riding side by side. Maybe there needs to be some signs requiring at minimum warning signs reminding cyclists to ride single file. Can't prevent all accidents but if it prevents even a few it may be worthwhile.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 728 posts

Postby wanderingchef » Oct 22nd, 2015, 7:29 am

Whoa!! Not a single cyclist was involved in either of these incidents that DID however involve excessive speed and alcohol and you think Cyclists should be banned? Give your darn head a shake!!!!

cv23 likes this post.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Tony » Oct 22nd, 2015, 8:04 am

twobits wrote:
Yup....a 17 yo rolled dads truck and put it in the Lake. Fortunately no serious injuries. Impaired charges likely.

Dad is down one truck as ICBC won't cover. Hope dad is not a redneck that takes hide.

Why won't ICBC cover it? Is alcohol involved for sure?
Did he have under insured protection? Maybe that will work...
Tony
Übergod

Liked in: 425 posts

Postby ToddT » Oct 22nd, 2015, 8:38 am

lol here we go...
ToddT
Übergod

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby HIWATT » Dec 24th, 2015, 3:35 pm

wanderingchef wrote:Whoa!! Not a single cyclist was involved in either of these incidents that DID however involve excessive speed and alcohol and you think Cyclists should be banned? Give your darn head a shake!!!!

He has a point though. I used to live out that way and due to repairs had to spend a weekend without my car... "ride my bike to OK Falls" i say to myself.

Never again. It's horribly unsafe for bike traffic. And yes, there are plenty of self-entitled idiots who do ride side/by/side on that road. You're tempting fate by doing that. I'm surprised more of them aren't killed. Plain stupidity.

happy holidays! lol

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
HIWATT

Liked in: 6 posts

Return to South Okanagan