Garbage strewn mess

Re: Garbage Strewn mess

Postby Fancy » Nov 7th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Midnite wrote: The cleaning of roadside garbage should not have to be complaint driven. Has the contractor reduced the number of roadside garbage cans? How well are the contractors audited?
I don't agree with complaint driven either (though that does serve a purpose) - be proactive!!!
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7748 posts

Re: Garbage strewn mess

Postby mexi cali » Nov 8th, 2015, 9:21 am

Being as how that area and many others like it are public property, there must be a responsible party who is charged with monitoring.

It may not look to be a high priority on the surface but once an area has been deemed to be a problem, it should become one.

Good on her for taking time out of her day and her life to bring this to the attention of the road maintenance company and the public in general.

And not a chance would I have used my trunk to haul it away either.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4501 posts

Postby Midnite » Nov 8th, 2015, 10:02 am

mexicalidreamer wrote:Being as how that area and many others like it are public property, there must be a responsible party who is charged with monitoring.

It is the responsibility of the Maintenance contractor to "Locate and empty litter receptacles at Rest areas, Pull outs and at Weigh scale areas."
4-370
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/drivin ... enance.pdf
Midnite
Fledgling

Liked in: 60 posts

Postby mexi cali » Nov 9th, 2015, 8:39 am

Yah I think I read that but didn't she also say that there wasn't a trash bin at that pull out?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4501 posts

Postby Bunnyhop » Nov 9th, 2015, 8:50 am

I don't like "complaint driven" either. I just don't think it's that big of a deal for the public to call in and notify the contractor when they see an area that needs attention. It's great she did that, and I sure wouldn't expect her to clean it up herself. I just don't think it's a story unless she called the contractor and they blew her off.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 562 posts

Postby jamapple » Nov 9th, 2015, 6:23 pm

mexicalidreamer wrote:Yah I think I read that but didn't she also say that there wasn't a trash bin at that pull out?

I tend to agree with you most of the time, but with all due respect, putting a garbage can there would entail things like car garbage, dirty diapers, etc. if you see things like household garbage, tires, etc, what good would a garbage can do? The area isn't there for people to dump their *bleep*.....it's there to pull over and rest.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby Ken7 » Nov 15th, 2015, 9:45 am

Sure a lot of REMOVED comments.

Sadly she is correct, what are people thinking when we live in one of the most beautiful Provinces and there is dump sites like this. Truly sad!

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3105 posts

Postby fluffy » Nov 15th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Ken7 wrote:Sure a lot of REMOVED comments.

Sadly she is correct, what are people thinking when we live in one of the most beautiful Provinces and there is dump sites like this. Truly sad!

Somehow that answer to both those comments could be similar. Just as there are always people who feel the mask of online anonymity releases them from the boundaries of common respect and courtesy, there are those who will use mask of being out of eyesight as a tool to get away with *bleep* that they'd never dream of doing in public view. Doesn't say much for the importance that some give to being people of good character.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4420 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan