Gordy

onestop67
Guru

Re: Gordy

Post by onestop67 »

wanderingchef wrote:Why is it that the fact this wonderful soul was beaten and died of his injuries does not have residents of Penticton DEMANDING the police be working 24/7 to find out just who did this to him? Who ever it was is still living amongst us. Everyone is so quick to get riled up about petty issues. How about getting riled up over the violence in our community.

There has never been any mention of Gordy being assaulted.

Your post is nothing more that an assumption, and very disturbing.

Unlike a few others on here, I don't believe anything you are saying.

RIP Gordy
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

So it seems legit to the rest of you that someone could die from complications from facial injuries sustained in a fall? Sorry if I am not willing to accept this idea. It is my opinion that Gordy was assaulted and the RCMP are downplaying the situation because they have had enough unsolved/unresolved cases this year/ You can go ahead and insult me because you don not agree with me.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

Twobits...... If he was found at 4:30am and the Mule gets out at 4am......... See how I put those two together. My thoughts are that he was roughed up by some drunks heading home from the bar.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Maybe he suffered more than just facial injuries. Maybe he suffered a head injury in the fall. That's what it all sounds like to me, based on the news reports.

If you are so certain that there is more to it than that, I strongly urge you to contact the Penticton RCMP detachment and express your concern. It would be an amazing act of goodwill for you to take up pressuring the RCMP to not let a crime that resulted in someone's death go without proper investigation. You obviously feel strongly about this, so if you don't speak up - who will?
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

wanderingchef wrote:So it seems legit to the rest of you that someone could die from complications from facial injuries sustained in a fall? Sorry if I am not willing to accept this idea. It is my opinion that Gordy was assaulted and the RCMP are downplaying the situation because they have had enough unsolved/unresolved cases this year/ You can go ahead and insult me because you don not agree with me.

Personally, I never insulted you. I disagreed with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

wanderingchef wrote:Twobits...... If he was found at 4:30am and the Mule gets out at 4am......... See how I put those two together. My thoughts are that he was roughed up by some drunks heading home from the bar.

Chef, the extended hours are bar cleared by 3 am. As much as I liked Gordy, I think you are reading something into this that just is not there. And if you are correct, just trust in Karma to deal out justice. If some drunk wannabe tough guy took out Gordy, I pity his future. It won't be much of one.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

wanderingchef wrote:If he was found at 4:30am and the Mule gets out at 4am......... See how I put those two together. My thoughts are that he was roughed up by some drunks heading home from the bar.

But it is an assumption on your part that he was beaten ? I can certainly see that possibility, Gordie was not one to shy away from a scrap. If a twenty-something mouthpiece with a belly full of beer had anything insulting to say to or about Gordie in his presence I can see how it could have quickly escalated, but that is just one possibility. I was of the mind that you were party to some inside information about his injuries that had not been made public.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “South Okanagan”