Vigil for Louie

Re: Vigil for Louie

Postby Anonymous123 » Jan 4th, 2016, 10:08 pm

My condolences to the Louie family on their loss and yes a vigil of remembrance is warranted. This is however not a time to grandstand a cause that has no connection to this case. There has been no trial. There are no facts that this is a race or gender related issue. When the facts are divulged is when the finger pointing can begin. IMO this will turn out to be charges of Manslaughter and indignity to human remains, but until the court case is heard I will reserve judgment on the Robottis.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1681 posts

Postby jamapple » Jan 5th, 2016, 9:34 am

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I see and fully understand when this happens, it gets very personal. We have seen murders of men and women of all cultures, especially East Indian desent, whereas they have a real reason for being angry about the murder, but they don't go out and try to make a political statement about it. They, as a community, mourn, then they move on. One of the worst things to do in a situation like this is to not deal with the emotions, and not move on. I'm in n o way saying forget this young lady, not at all. She deserves to be remembered, and will, by both aboriginals, and whites alike.
One other thing another poster posted which I find interesting, is regarding what the police say in some cases. I know from seeing the news stories, etc, that they do mention living a certain lifestyle brought about their demise. Although true, for everyone, I feel this young ladys death wasn't because she was involved in drugs, or anything like that.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby Donald G » Jan 5th, 2016, 10:51 am

Postby jamapple » Today, 8:34 am
One other thing another poster posted which I find interesting, is regarding what the police say in some cases. I know from seeing the news stories, etc, that they do mention living a certain lifestyle brought about their demise. Although true, for everyone, I feel this young ladys death wasn't because she was involved in drugs, or anything like that.

If you separate her value as a person from any acts that she may or may not have carried out in her lifetime or the lifestyle she led does it make any difference whether or not she displayed any shortcomings in her lifetime ?? Respecting life is a given. IMO judging the goodness or harm of their actions is another matter entirely.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4225 posts

Postby jamapple » Jan 5th, 2016, 10:58 am

I think you may be confused Donald. I was saying she wasn't involved in a high risk lifestyle, which many are quick to say that that leads to one's demise. I was defending her, not the other way around.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby Donald G » Jan 5th, 2016, 11:30 am

by jamapple » 30 minutes ago

I think you may be confused Donald. I was saying she wasn't involved in a high risk lifestyle, which many are quick to say that that leads to one's demise. I was defending her, not the other way around.

So was I, which is why I used the words "may or may not".
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4225 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan