Lakawana Lease

livewire
Fledgling

Lakawana Lease

Post by livewire »

I need help finding information. Some of you are excellent at digging into the right places and I'm not having too much luck.

We were interested in putting a tender in for Lakawana Park Concession when the lease expired but were concerned that the lease with the current holder could simply be renewed. (If that were the case we would look at another option). When we inquired about this possibility of renewal we were told that a city can not simply renew a lease, that at the end of any lease it had to go to tender again.

Now we understand that the city is simply going to renew the lease at Lakawana park without putting it to tender. Maybe they can do this, maybe they can't, but I'd like to find out. (The city is not returning my calls which makes me suspicious). I've been researching but like I said, some of you are so much better at finding this sort of information than I am. Any help would be appreciated.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Lakawana Lease

Post by XT225 »

I thought that a new lease-ee had been found and that it HAD gone out to tender some time ago. Maybe not though. Or maybe they just decided to renew without going to tender. Here is one of several articles online:

*bleep*/newsitem/major-faceli ... on/it25062
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Lakawana Lease

Post by southy »

livewire - not sure but this link from the City of Penticton might help you find what you are looking for.

http://www.penticton.ca/search/index.as ... rch=Search

Return to “South Okanagan”