Water consumption

BC Dave

Water consumption

Post by BC Dave »

I don't usually pay much attention to our City of Penticton utility bills, but in taking a quick look at the latest bill I noticed a monthly water consumption charge, in addition to the basic water charge. I thought we were billed only twice a year for actual consumption. The amount of about $12 for 33 days of water consumption certainly isn't much to sweat about, but Is this monthly water use bill something new or just something I've not noticed before now?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: water consumption

Post by JagXKR »

The January Newsletter, included with your bill, announced the changes. This newsletter is included in the mailed and emailed bills. Also included in that newsletter was the announcement of a new curbside collection program.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: water consumption

Post by rustled »

The change was also announced on last month's bill:
Please note - change in monthly water billing - metered customers will be billed for monthly consumption starting on the bills that will be mailed out in February. Un-metered customers have a consumption component built into their monthly charge.

But neither the bill nor the accompanying newsletter mentioned there would be a statistically significant jump in the basic charge (from 19.77 to 23.19).

By my calculations, the rate for water consumed has also gone up (to 0.0186 from 0.0167). IMO, the rate charged for consumption should be provided on the bill, but it isn't. (Not for electricity, either.) Like jump in the cost of basic, this is quite a leap if you look at past consumption rate hikes.

And the figures they've used for my "metered" consumption all look suspiciously like estimates. Are yours neatly rounded, too?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “South Okanagan”