BMX track

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: BMX track

Post by Anonymous123 »

Is this the same property that was once slated to become a ball field?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Respondents had a long list of activities to choose from could choose more than one and add others. From a list of about 26, BMX was 25th with 9% in the outdoor recreational activities. Beach and other outdoor activities and sports such as rugby, soccer, basketball, beach volleyball, trail bike riding were far ahead of BMX that was 2nd from last with just 9%

Suggest you go to City of Penticton site and select Say How You Play surveys done as input to parks master plan. Will give you more context and full list.

http://www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca/
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Rosemary1 wrote:Respondents had a long list of activities to choose from could choose more than one and add others. From a list of about 26, BMX was 25th with 9% in the outdoor recreational activities. Beach and other outdoor activities and sports such as rugby, soccer, basketball, beach volleyball, trail bike riding were far ahead of BMX that was 2nd from last with just 9%

Suggest you go to City of Penticton site and select Say How You Play surveys done as input to parks master plan. Will give you more context and full list.

http://www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca/

I went to the site mentioned above. I was unable to complete the survey without creating a login name/password. Good god, that's the last thing I want is another &^%$#@@! password to remember just to participate in a survey. Nope, not doin that.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

I was actually answering rustled question about the published survey results from June. (you can open, or download and save. . But if you want to complete any of the surveys still open I agree with you that it's a freaking pain. Something for the new engagement officer to look into maybe . lol.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

http://www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca/ha ... 6/download

A question that came to my mind is what would be the percentage of kids doing BMX activities be if there was a track? The fact there is no real quality place for the sport may mean there is little interest or participation. Will the percentage increase after the track is completed? My thought is yes.

Anything that gets today"s youth away from their small rectangular screens and outside participating in physical activities is a good thing.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:
I went to the site mentioned above. I was unable to complete the survey without creating a login name/password. Good god, that's the last thing I want is another &^%$#@@! password to remember just to participate in a survey. Nope, not doin that.

And if you don't have some kind of sign in requirement to participate in a poll to prevent multiple votes from the same person, the survey is really meaningless isn't it? Even Castanet requires a login to participate in survey/poll questions and tells you that you have already voted if you try a second time.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:
And if you don't have some kind of sign in requirement to participate in a poll to prevent multiple votes from the same person, the survey is really meaningless isn't it? Even Castanet requires a login to participate in survey/poll questions and tells you that you have already voted if you try a second time.

You're incorrect, twobits. I just did a poll on Castanet (and have done many others) with no requirements to sign in. It does know your IP so you cannot vote twice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:

You're incorrect, twobits. I just did a poll on Castanet (and have done many others) with no requirements to sign in. It does know your IP so you cannot vote twice.

I humbly stand corrected. I thought it was so with regards to sign in requirement. There does need to be some control on poll's though to make them have some credibility. You have quite correctly pointed out that those controls do not require a user name and password though if the site bothers to recognize IP addy's. Seems quite simple really so the only motivation on their part would be to get your info for some other use???
As a side note, I found Jamsie's response to the question posed at the resent formun by the gal that was a paid subscriber to the Herald and expressed frustration at being limited to online history of Herald news before being requested to pony up more dough quite interesting. According to Jamsie, news costs money and if she doesn't want to keep her old copies of her Herald delivery archived in the basement for her own browsing, she'll have to pay more to view them online. The rag is hardly worht the cover price let alone the need to pay again for last months drivel.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”